Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Pikachu025, Dec 6, 2007.
EDIT: Burner is SOHW-1653S, not 1365.
I grabbed this from another forum. It happened to me once before, too. I had to uninstall my channel to get mine to work again but let's hope you get the easy mode :-)
I guess this applies for Windows XP... which I can only assume you might be using! Good luck!
the exact same thing happened to me as well. i tried burning super mario galaxy and trauma center new blood with my LG burner and it burnt everything until the very end. Now i cant watch the ending scenes of both until i burn a proper copy of it.
I know the problem. It's a Lite-On Burner. Their almost as bad as Hitachi with Hard Drives.
I've actually heard pretty good things about Lite-On burners. Mind giving me reviews or something that state they suck?
This one seems pretty nice for instance:
...Although, I also found my burner which indeed seems to have quite a few problems. Eh. I think it's time to buy a new burner then.
Checked IMGBurn's I/O settings, it's set to use the Microsoft SPTI. So that's probably not it.
I really have no idea what the problem could be. I tried the drive in another PC yesterday; The "Test Mode" test worked fine and stayed at the 6x it should be (which it doesn't on my PC), the real burn afterwards gave me a bluescreen (with no text though) and the PC resetted about 5 to 10% in. >.<
I got another burner from a friend today. I get the exact same problems: Burning faster than it should, and random write errors that only show up when I verify. Dammit.
It's gotta be a problem with my PC somehow, but what?
Edit: Posts merged together. Don't double post. - Ace
Try a different cable to connect it, maybe the cable is messing up the drive.
I found the problem, I think! I attatched my burner to the primary IDE channel (as Slave, with my HDD being Master) and it works! It burns at the correct speed and verifies perfectly! ^^
Well, it's not perfect, cause the I got a buffer underrun one one of my two burns, and in the other one the burn finished with only 14% Buffer remaining (probably cause data transfer rate between devices on the same IDE channel is pretty slow compared to if they're on different IDEs), but it works! Now I only got to figure out what the problem with my secondary IDE is...
I'll try to get a different IDE cable, thanks for the tip.