Problems with The Last Story (US) and WODE...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by MarcusRaven, Aug 19, 2012.

Aug 19, 2012
  1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Okay, so here's the deal. I ripped The Last Story, a legit US copy, with my WODE. I go to play it, and it doesn't work. I started by going to WODEFlow, and loaded the game. The WODE mounts the iso just long enough to eject it and the screen says "Please insert The Last Story disc." I checked the image, and its a full 4.37 Gb is size. I've been reading online that the EU release was dual layer. How can I tell if my WODE is just ripping a single layer or properly ripping the disc and there's just some other issue?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Make sure the Last Story is added to the duallayer.list file, if not then it won't recognize it as a Dual Layer game. You just need to add the ID of the game to the list for it to work I think.

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Okay, so should I add that, and then try the rip again? Will the WODE only rip dual layer if it already knows its dual layer? Seems odd, but it also makes a strange amount of sense.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Yes, add the ID to the list and try again. I don't think the WODE can detect whether a game is dual layer or not on it's own.

5. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Retrying the rip now. Thanks for all the help. I'll report back when I know if it worked.

EDIT: So I retried the rip. Came out the proper size for a dual layer. Good sign.

I tried mounting it and running it straight from the disc channel. The WODE unmounted it and returned to the Wii Menu. I ran it from WODEFlow, and it loaded up fine. My only concern is as to why the WODE would unmount when running from the disc channel. Any thoughts on that? If nothing else, I still have a means to play it. Thanks again for the help!

6. bcampe

Newcomer bcampe Newbie

Canada
    Hey I could use some help.

I have WODE 2.9 and I cannot get my Original Last Story US version to play.

I get an error saying eject the disc.

I tried running the Wode in Stealth mode and in Flat mode, but nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

7. xfcrowman

Member xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is a bit off topic, but I'm really surprised that there hasn't been a scene release for this game yet. It is probably the last high-quality game that will be released for wii in the US, and I would think that the piracy groups would be racing to get this game out first. Just so it's clear, I'm not whining for the game to be released by warez groups, but I am surprised it hasn't happened yet.