Problems with sakura Using 8gig?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by eidelon13, Nov 4, 2008.

Nov 4, 2008
  1. eidelon13
    OP

Newcomer eidelon13 Newbie

Philippines
    i just bought an 8gig kingston class 4 card and the problem is sakura can't open the folder files.i have like 98 ds games in one folder so i figured there is a max on how many files each folder can handle.what i did was divided it to two folders and still it can't load or even open the folder...im using the v1.12+1 sakura with triple loader.it works with the old firmware via triple loader...so im just wondering if anyone there is having the same problem with sakura..

2. gosp

Member gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Backup
    Format
    Rewrite the card

I had the exact same problem. Try it again.

3. eidelon13
    OP

Newcomer eidelon13 Newbie

Philippines
    did that work?im formatting my card right now.

4. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I am using a sandisc 16gb with no problems, if problems persist there is a program

If problems persist do not format using windows, try this dedicated problem I know that it has solved problems before

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html

Apparently windows does not format the sd for optimum read write speeds - try you may be suprised

5. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    What do you mean by cant open folder files? You mean cant open folders or cant run your files? Maybe your folder is locked?

6. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I had the same problem, you would pull the folder to the right to open and nothing would happen, I re formatted and everything worked as it should. However when I was reading forums to try and find a solution I came across the above program. This had solved a lot of peoples issues with slow running SD cards.

see http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26764

not well known and the above link covers a reported faulty MP3, I tried it with a troublesome Kingston card and the results were amazing, all the issues with the card vanished!

7. ninigou

Newcomer ninigou Member

United Kingdom
    no problem with my kingston 8G by using the v1.12+1 sakura with triple loader (the offical system doesn't work at all, but the hacked sakura system works smoothly, the only con is that it doesn't support the Chinese characters very well)