Problems with ROMS

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by PsychoCutie, Sep 18, 2008.

Sep 18, 2008

Problems with ROMS by PsychoCutie at 11:31 PM (1,339 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. PsychoCutie
    OP

Newcomer PsychoCutie Newbie

United States
    I've been getting the error message with some of the newer ROMS. I know in the past I could just go to the DSTT website and download a new update and the problem would be solved, but there hasn't been one in over two months now. Is the DSTT still being supported? If not, is there other software that can be used for updates? Should I just be looking into buying another card that is updated more often, if so any recommendations? Thanks!

2. Aleatz

Newcomer Aleatz Advanced Member

Australia
    I'd say there's a good possibility there won't be any more updates, but that's just my opinion. I mean, they used to update weekly, and now they haven't updated for a few months. But what ROMS are getting these messages? I haven't come across any with the new firmware yet, but might just be lucky.

And there's topics in the flashing section where you can put specifications for what card you want and have the members tell you which card best fits thse specifications.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70252

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The DSTT has had compatibility updates about once a month on average. Their last update was 2 months ago. So I wouldn't be terribly worried.

Team DSTT has apparently been kind of busy writing code into their firmware to destroy other carts that use their firmware (I'm looking at you, SCDS1).

Sure, their time might have been better spent fixing the sorting problem that's plagued their firmware since the DSTT was first released, but writing "fake-killer" features into the firmware is so much more satisfying.

-Bri

4. Aleatz

Australia
    Well, their site is down currently, but I did think they were a bit more regular than a month. True about the fake-killer though. That's probably absorbing a bit of time.

5. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Well I'd enjoy writing programming like that [​IMG]

6. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    Aleatz: The site is back up now.

7. Aleatz

Australia
    Yes, yes. I saw. XD But now it's down again. Seems to be going through one of those periods I guess.

8. Devil May Cry

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have yet to get any issues so far. That's including the recent Platinum patch. I'm formatted in FAT32, are you?

9. Aleatz

Australia
    It would be nice if PsychoCutie tells us which ROMs had this problem, since if they'd been working for other people with a DSTT then it might have just been a small problem to fix.

10. ikittah

Newcomer ikittah Newbie

Philippines
    I think the error messages she gets are the ones I get when I try using Pokemon Platinum. some thing like: ErrCode=7 please reset system" And yes it says ErrCode :/