Hacking Problems with regions when playing Backups online

yoshiegg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a difficult time trying to word this problem when putting it in the search bar and after searching for 20 minutes I decided that I had to ask so forgive me if this is a common question: (Im a noob when it comes to this by the way and i'm new to the site):

I have the Neo Gamma back up launcher ( I have 3 on my Wii but the one I use (and the latest one of the 3) is Rev 14, r8, beta 12). I have backups of Mario Kart Wii and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Both of the games run fine until I go and try to play online. While theres no problem with the Wifi play itself, my problem is that when I go to play a game and I choose an option that says "Regional Play" or when I try to play people within the United States (where I live btw), I always get matched up with people from Europe.

This is made clear on Mario Kart Wii when it shows that i have been placed in a room full of people from England and France, despite the fact I chose the Continental Game option and despite the fact that the game shows me waving from the U.S. I Suspect that I am experiencing the same problem in TvsC since that everytime I try to play a regional game I end up in a lag fest against someone with a Spanish name.

What's going on and how can I fix this? Do I need to download something or change a setting or what?

yoshiegg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps then I can tell about this strange experience:

I have an NTSC wii, and at one point I had Mario Kart Wii and its save file saved onto my wii (also NTSC). I also had Super Mario Galaxy (NTSC) saved onto my Wii. Well you know how if you have that game save then you automactically get Rosalina. Well when my friend got me a Burned Copy of Mario Kart Wii and I saved it to my Wii, Rosalina wasn't unlocked. My friend said because the data was PAL. Is that right? Could that be the cause of my problem?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So wait. The only MKWii you ever played was the PAL backup of your friend?
In that case its quite normal it searches for PAL competitors.

Is the PAL backup what you're referring to here:
QUOTE said:
and at one point I had Mario Kart Wii and its save file saved onto my wii (also NTSC)
?

yoshiegg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
So wait. The only MKWii you ever played was the PAL backup of your friend?
In that case its quite normal it searches for PAL competitors.

Is the PAL backup what you're referring to here:
QUOTE said:
and at one point I had Mario Kart Wii and its save file saved onto my wii (also NTSC)
?

No. The first copy I had was an Original, Store bought NTSC copy of the game. I guess the PAL copy I acquired would not use the NTSC game Save.

So download the NTSC version. Simple Solution. If only I knew how to successfully burn games to dvd's (I've been having my friend do it for the longest. Laziness catching up to me once again...)

or maybe it was because I didn't have a dvd drive on my computer.

Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...