Problems with RCM mode/APX

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Cretin14, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Cretin14
    OP

Cretin14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi all- hoping the good community can help me out here

I use SXOS, and Tinfoil method (I know, I know) to achieve RCM, and PC to push payload via TegraSmash. Have managed to do this lots of times before, but not any more.

Im able to get the switch into RCM i think the screen stays blank like it used to when I hold Power + Volup. When i plug in the switch it's showing up as Nintendo switch under device manager and Zadig, but not showing as APX and TegraSmash shows the Red "no RCM" box. I have tried:

Rebooting Pc and Switch
    Using Zadig and tegrarcm to reinstall drivers
    Plugging into a different USB port
    Making a "better" tinfoil bridge between pins

But no luck.

I appreciate any help you can give!

Happy gaming!

2. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    Get a jig

3. Cretin14
    OP

Cretin14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I understand why you would say that- but I think I am in RCM Mode, the screen stays black and it all seems succesful, it just doesn't seem to be detected by the PC.

Do you think I'm not in RCM? if so wouldn't my switch just boot normally?

Thanks

4. fadx

fadx Filthy Cheater

Sep 15, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I would try another device e.g. Android Phone, another computer etc. to see if it's a problem with your computer using the right driver.
    Something you could try is plugging your switch in with RCM mode and opening device manager and then uninstalling the driver for the Switch there. After that you should restart your computer and try the stuff with zadig again.