Hardware Problems with R4i-SDHC v4.5 Upgrading Kernel

sLpFhaWK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I've seen other posts related to my issue, but sadly they are older and when I tried the solution it's not working.

I have an R4i SDHC v4.5 WIFI card, it works on my DS Lite fine on the bottom left corner it says 1.73b which is the latest firmware but when I goto Config and Update it just says 3ds v 4.5 and I cannot update it to work on my 3ds XL 6.xx.xx etc.

I have tried different downloads and its still the same. If needed I can provide pictures but i'm not sure if they can help.

Can anyone possibly shine some light on my problem?

Thank you.

sLpFhaWK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at other similar threads it appears that 4.5 might not work on the new software on the 3ds, which is fine I am okay with that. I just want to know why I can't even update the kernel to v5 or anything else like that.

sLpFhaWK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought they were the originators? It's an R4i-SHDC v4.5 Wifi.. I don't know honestly I don't care anymore. This is the 2nd R4 card I had over the years and before I had a Supercard Slot 2 GBA card and it was awesome on my 1st DS Lite so I just said screw it ponied up the 42.50 for the Supercard DSTwo. Mostly because it works with the current version of the 3ds XL and it has GBA and SNES Emulation. Which is pretty bada$$ =)

Plus the R4i works in the DS Lite so It's not a total loss.

sLpFhaWK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh okay I had the original R4ds back in the day, i just thought the R4i was the next stage for the dsi. It's been a while since I had that one tho, it was like 7 years ago lol or however long ago the 1st DS Lite was released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.