NetLuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello everyone,

I recently bought Switch Lite with modded chip. It had 256 GB sd card so I bought new SanDisk 512 GB microSD card.
I formatted the microSD card to exFAT and I copied everything from old sd card to new one.
But my switch doesn't boot up, there is black screen.
I plugged the sd card to my PC and I realized switch folder was completely empty.
I copied everything from old sd card again and installed new sd card to Switch but nope, still black screen.
And I realized switch folder gets deleted everytime after I install it to Switch.
I've read that exFAT format causes problems so I formatted my new sd card to FAT32 but this time my Switch doesn't recognize the sd card, there is NO SD text with rocket animation.
Can anyone help me, how can I upgrade the sd card?
By the way, I don't care about data in old sd card, I can do fresh install if it solves the problem.

NetLuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Do you have exFAT driver on the switch in the first place?
I am not sure but old 256 GB microSD card was in exFAT format so probably yes.
Old microSD card still works with my switch, I can successfully launch Fusee from hekate.

I have this problem, Switch won't read the 512 GB SD card when formatted in FAT32. But I don't know if formatting it to FAT32 would solve the problem.

/threads/switch-stock-firmware-wont-read-sandisk-512-gb-sd-card-formatted-in-fat32-using-fat32format-with-32k-clusters-but-will-read-exfat.609389/

NetLuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
There are no errors after I tested with h2testw. I already formatted my sd card with guiformat but I formatted it again and Switch still doesn't recognzie the sd card. It only recognizes the sd card after I format it to exFAT. I don't mind having the card in exFAT but as I said my switch does not boot up after I copied all the files to new sd card.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no errors after I tested with h2testw. I already formatted my sd card with guiformat but I formatted it again and Switch still doesn't recognzie the sd card. It only recognizes the sd card after I format it to exFAT. I don't mind having the card in exFAT but as I said my switch does not boot up after I copied all the files to new sd card.

Where is the CFW files from? from Atmosphere github or a pre built pack?

NetLuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Where is the CFW files from? from Atmosphere github or a pre built pack?
I believe they are from GitHub but I don't know, as I said I am 2nd owner of this Switch and original owner did the whole thing. I have just updated the hekate to 5.8 couple days ago. It had 5.7.2

This is how old sd card looks:

unknown.png

NetLuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
It worked, thank you very much.

I used RUFUS to format my sd card to FAT32 and this time Switch recognized the sd card. I don't know why guiformat didn't work. Then I copied these files and it worked. Thank you very much.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning