Problems with my Internet connection...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Joey R., Nov 4, 2008.

Nov 4, 2008
  1. Joey R.
    OP

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    Let's see if I can put this into words, because I don't really know what's going on.

Some time ago I started noticing that streaming, especially YT videos, was getting slower than usual. It took quite a while to load any video, even those just a few-second long. What's worse, many,many times I can't even see the "video box"... you know, the frame in which the video plays. For example, right now, there's a video on the main page (about the DSi being hacked or something like that). All I see is a paragraph, a huge blank space and more text. I assume that blank space is where the video box should be... mostly because I can see the AdBlock label over that space, just like in every streaming video.

No, onto the info that may be helpful for you to determine what's happening:

I'm running XP SP3 and FireFox 3.0.3. I've tried with IE7, but it's the same crap. I have tried several connection speed tests, and they all give me the same result: my connection is as fast as it should be (20MBps). Downloading speed is also optimal, as is loading speed for browsing Internet pages. I have run several antivirus and antispyware and nothing was found. My PC is connected directly to the Internet, while my laptop is connected via WiFi, so it also suffers from these problems, again especially with streaming. Some online games (such as WoW or GuildWars) have "some" lag, though not much, even when connecting to local servers.

If you need to know anything else, please ask about it. And thanks a bunch in advance [​IMG]

2. Daihatsuboy

Newcomer Daihatsuboy Advanced Member

United States
    Maybe a flash problem?

3. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Wow, I just checked and I can't see the video on the front page either (even though I could have sworn it was there before I checked this thread).

Probably a Youtube issue or something. I think they've been slower than usual these past few days anyway.

Edit: And now it's back for some totally strange reason.

Although, try reinstalling Flash Player anyway.

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    i had the same problem. it's ur flash

5. Joey R.
    OP

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    It seems that the video not showing on the main page was just a coincidence... but still, I tried reinstalling Flash. The first video loaded perfectly. At least, good enough to watch it without running out of buffered data or with any interrumption. It all went downhill afterwards, and now it's as bad as it was before reinstalling... [​IMG]

Maybe I should phone my ISP... but if downloading and browsing is fine, they won't give me any help :S