Problems with my Backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Taellon, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Taellon
    OP

Taellon GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2009
    Canada
    So recently I used WiiFlow to make backups of some of the games I have on Disc incase there comes a day my Disc-Drive fails in my Wii, and this way was faster and more legitimate than downloading copies of my games.

Now I'm pretty sure the games all worked when I first ripped them, but then yesterday I went to try them out again and they don't seem to be working. My downloaded games boot fine, but the ones installed from disc won't. What happens is that I select them and they begin to boot normally, I get that Wiiflow loading bar that shows up just before launching a game, but then instead of launching I get an error about the USB-drive not finding the games or something like that. The weird thing is nothing has been changed on my Wii since I first installed those games, and the HDD it uses hasn't been used for anything else either.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

2. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    What filesystem are you using?

3. Taellon
    OP

Taellon GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2009
    Canada
    I think the HDD is FAT32, but it has the WBFS folder in the root where the games are stored as WBFS or whatever. I don't know why that would cause the problem, the downloaded games I've put there run perfectly fine, and I'm pretty sure the disc-backups worked okay at first as well.

4. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    run a filesystem check
    (rclick in windows)