Problems with M3DSReal/DSLibris combination?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by hillybangcock, Apr 8, 2010.

1. hillybangcock
    OP

hillybangcock Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2010
    Hi guys, Newby here, I've tried looking up FAQ's but the link no longer seems to work.
    My problem is that I seem to have some issues trying to get DSLibris to work on my M3DSReal card.
    For several years now I've used the M3/DSLite as a palm reader. A friend has used both "M3system" & DSLibris on theirs & I fancied the better formatting DSLibris offered when compared to .txt files.
    When I install DSLibris I continually get a "fatal: font not found" message. As a reader of text files I am impressed by the M3, it still works as per, although, try as I might, I cannot get the two to co-exist. My friend's DSLite/M3DSReal combination, with both systems on it is working just fine. The only difference being his was loaded via an "Apple", mine on a PC with Windows 7 loaded. I've even un-installed all my .txt files & loaded only DSLibris stuff,with a few .epub books loaded, still the same result "font not found". As a last resort I loaded some "true type" fonts from my computer just in case the fonts on the libris were corrupt, still no joy!
    I realise this stuff is all to do with the DSLibris install/application, but as it is onto the M3DSReal card I was hoping some of your members may have encountered it before & can help me with a work-around.
    Thanks for reading, hope you can assist me, regards Bill

2. picketf

picketf Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2009
    Fiji
    Have you tried to DLDI patch the DSLibris file before moving it to M3Real ?

3. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    are the font files in the right folder? (fat:\font\)
    and does the content of fat:\dslibris.xml correspond with the location and name of one of the font files?(open the xml with wordpad)

4. hillybangcock
    OP

hillybangcock Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2010
    Many thanks Picketf & The Dicemaster, I've just un-installed everything, re-formatted the Micro SDcard to FAT file system, loaded GBAlpha system file then loaded my .txt files onto the system. Then loaded DSLibris. FAT:\M3DSReal, opened the file & deleted the .txt & .XML files, checked the font folder, there are the 5 fonts listed there. Then I loaded 6 EPUB format ebooks into the book folder (these ebooks were converted from MOBI format to EPUB via Calibre, the tree now reads FAT:\M3DSReal\DSLibris\book\ then the 6 titles (.epub). The tree for the fonts reads FAT:\M3DSReal\ DSLibris\font\ that opens to the 5 .ttf fonts. Now when I boot the DSLite up, I initially get a screen asking for preferred language, click on english & the 5 boot option thumbnails appear (but the animation is very fast) A scroll across to "file" brings up a GMManager tab with a System & a DSLibris folder. The DSLibris folder opens to a (.), (..), DSLibris NDS, Book, & Font sub-folders. The NDS folder opens to a "Slot1" & "Slot 2" choice. The selection of slot 1 brings up a DLDI Compatible notification, followed by a screen with green script stating: $ dslibris, progr: file system mounted, warn: can't read prefs (255), info: writing new prefs. fatal: font not found (2). This is basically what has happened all along, I've tried downloading a new DSLibris app, un-installed & re-installed everything several times over all with the same result. If I allow the "System" to load to the 2nd selection screen then click on the "info" icon the Help & Support", scroll down to the up-date history I notice the latest update is Nov 2007, could this be the problem? Many thanks again guys, regards Bill

5. dilsiam

dilsiam Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2009
    Hi Bill:

You have to put the book folder, the font folder, the xml file in the root of the card. Let say your computer assigns to your card the letter F:\ then you will have F:\book, F:\font, F:\dslibris.xml, the nds file I put it on the games folder I have in my card which is a M3DS Real Sakura to have the application available in the menu. Also I recommend that you delete the application and its associated files from your card and installing cleanly again.Hope this helps
    dilsiam

6. MartyPoppinsFeet

MartyPoppinsFeet Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2011
    United States
    dilsiam got's the right solution

...and now,
    A Duel!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice