Hacking Problems with EZ-Flash Vi

• Thread starter FierceDeity1
  • Start date
  • Views 2,127
  • Replies 8
F

FierceDeity1

OP
Okay, after not being able to play pokemon HH/SS or DQIX on my EZ-Flash Vi I decided it was time for an update.
I hadn't updated my card in months so I'd forgotten the actual process of how to do it, but being stupid, I carried on anyway.
The firmware on my Card was version 14 before the update.
I went on to the EZ flash website, looked for the latest update and it took me to a link on gbatemp were I could choose either an update for
[805] users or [705] users. I txt my friend asking what type I was and he said to look for a version number in the menu but he thinks I'm [705].
I couldn't find a number so I just went on ahead and downloaded firmware v101?
I updated my card with it and it said the update was compete and to restart my system.
I did so, opened EZ flash in the menu and I'm now looking at a double black screen.

Is this my card bricked? Did I screw up somewhere? Can i fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not bricked. You just need to use the last kernel once updated in firmware v101.
wink.gif

Kernel 3.0OB2

F

FierceDeity1

OP
Wait seriously?
So, what do I do, just put this Kernel on the root of the card?
Thanks

Edit - Sorry, just looked at the guide in your sig and it says to unzip to the root. I'll let you know if it's fixed

Edit2- Sweet dude! Thanks for your help. I was annoyed all day because of that. Thanks so much

F

FierceDeity1

OP
Okay, having another problem.

Downloaded One Piece Gigantic Battle to put on My EZ Flash. I was using my girlfriend's USB Micro Sd reader.
I downloaded the clean version first whcih wouldn't load, the I tried a patched version that still wouldn't load.
I got Bahamut's patched version and copied it on to my card. Durng the paste, her computer (windows) started freezing as It's a really crap laptop.
I noticed that when I used her USB memory card reader it opened up some sort of photo transfer program, which started frezzing when I pressed cancel.
She clarified that it was a 'built in' program or whatever that launched when you insert the USB.
It added loads of files such as .RDS and.TTK which i had never seen before. At first I thought it was a bad rom but realized that the file names where associated with images.
When I try to use my EZ Flash now I just get Black screens.....???
When i tried to delete these files, Windows told me it couldn't locate the file and to try again. It just wouldn't delete them.
When i got home i formatted the card and pasted everything back on, minus the corrupt files and it still doesn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

F

FierceDeity1

OP
But it's not the game that's the problem.
I've took the rom off my card, yet it still won't work

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The ROM probably tried to write data to the microSD when it shouldn't, probably caused it to mess up the file system on the microSD. Just reformat it with the panisonic format program. make sure you back up your stuff before doing it.

If you think it did something to the flashcart instead, try reinstalling the bootstrap to the flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    Veho @ Veho: Ah, you mean furries.