Problems with emus on my Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by urbanman2004, Jan 17, 2013.

Jan 17, 2013
  1. urbanman2004
    OP

Member urbanman2004 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just received my Acekard 2i and finally figured out that the OLD Version 4.23 loader will only work for my DS Lite. I then updated the firmware. I was able to get lameboy DS working with my DS and nesDS working correctly. My gripe with nesDS is that I am trying to return to the main menu to choose another rom but I don’t know how so I have to restart my DSL which is annoying.
    Also I couldn’t get the gbaemu4ds to work at all. Is there a guide for that so I could get at least one game to work? I also tested out SNEmulDS with Castlevania X but there were missing layers in the game level environment (staircases hidden) which make it difficult to move throughout the levels. Are there any suggested hacks I can use?
    Any advice is helpful. Thanks.

EDIT: I also found out that gbaemu4ds only reads roms ending with .agb, .bin or .mb and not .gba. Is there a certain way to convert .gba roms to agb, .bin or .mb, or can I just change the .gba extension?

2. ichichfly

Member ichichfly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    @gbaemu4ds just change the extension or lunch it directly.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i'm a bit confused. by firmware, you mean you flashed an updated bootloader to the ak2i? if your ak2i can not run the latest akaio, it might be a clone.

does your ak2i have the anti-counterfeit code sticker on the back? it should if you just received it. please verify that it is real. you can find more information on how to do this HERE

akaio is not system dependent. it works on the ds phat and the 3ds. as long as you can boot the acekard, it will work. not working usually means a contact issue, formatting issue, a bootloader issue, or a fake/cheap micro sd card.

-another world

4. urbanman2004
    OP

United States
    Now that you mentioned it, it has some kind of holographic sticker on it but IDK if it's a real anti-counterfeit code sticker. When the AceKard is attached to my DSL with my 32GB SDHC microcard, if I remember correctly, it shows up as a game called "PUBA" with a horse instead of an AceKard logo. I will check out the sticker when I get home... I got it from realhotstuff.hk

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The AK2i shows up as different games on the DSi and 3DS as part of the system used to bypass the newer security checks.

6. urbanman2004
    OP

United States
    But I'm using mine on a DS Lite. So I take it the AK2i would affect the DS Lite as well?

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yes, the AK2i's updates take up so much relative space that it just displays one icon now instead of multiple depending on the system (they had to overwrite the backwards-compatibility stuff to fit the new updates).

8. urbanman2004
    OP

United States
    O ok. I'm new the flashcart scene naturally I had the above concerns. Thanks for your input. So far I like what I've seen using my AK2i. I been able to run emulators such as nesDS, jenesis, SNEmulDS and lameBoy, and NDS roms. It's so benefitial to play the games I own without having to tug around my handful of cartridges in my pocket.

9. Another World

Colombia
    ok, so when you say you updated the firmware, you mean you put on AKAIO?

if that is the case then there is a homebrew softreset. instead of typing parts of useful information here, i would rather refer you to the akaio wiki.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO

-another world

10. urbanman2004
    OP

United States
    @Another World
    It was Firmware Update of AK2i for console 3DS4.3 and DSi1.4.4.
    Downloaded from http://www.acekard.com/download.php, and followed the onscreen Instructions

11. urbanman2004
    OP

United States
    @Another World:
    I just removed the holographic sticker on the back of my acekard to enter the code and verified on their website that I do in fact have a authentic acekard.

12. Another World

Colombia
    you are using AKAIO as your kernel? before that you could only get the official acekard firmware to load?

-another world