ROM Hack Problems with Desmume Wifi Emulation

Jaden.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, i can emulate wifi Fine. But, for example in Mario Kart when starting a race, it doesn't starts and after a period of time says that someone disconnected. In Pokémon Soul Silver, when im going to do a battle with my friend i just get "[Friend] didn't answer" and he gets "[Friend] didn't answer" something like that.
Oh yea, i went to Wi-fi Plaza, i tryed to join some games and i get "You weren't able to join to the games with the players" (Something like that)

Is there a way to fix this? T_T

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jaden. said:
Yes, i can emulate wifi Fine. But, for example in Mario Kart when starting a race, it doesn't starts and after a period of time says that someone disconnected. In Pokémon Soul Silver, when im going to do a battle with my friend i just get "[Friend] didn't answer" and he gets "[Friend] didn't answer" something like that.
Oh yea, i went to Wi-fi Plaza, i tryed to join some games and i get "You weren't able to join to the games with the players" (Something like that)

Is there a way to fix this? T_T
No. Nintendo has a way to find out if it's an emulator or not, so unless you hack into Nintendo's servers (bad idea X.x) then this will happen constantly.

Jaden.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What is that "way"?

Also, that's impossible. I played with a friend to Pokémon Soul Silver Plaza Games (Wobbufet, Mime Jr, etc.) And they worked fine. (Not in the left room, in middle with friend)
I can download Missions from Pokémon Ranger 3 Guardian Signs
I can trade by GTS.

Just can't fight or play a game in Plaza.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jaden. said:
What is that "way"?If it was known, the DeSmuMe team would fix whatever is wrong with their wifi and release it in an update.

QUOTE(Jaden. @ Dec 5 2010, 09:37 AM) Also, that's impossible. I played with a friend to Pokémon Soul Silver Plaza Games (Wobbufet, Mime Jr, etc.) And they worked fine. (Not in the left room, in middle with friend)
I can trade by GTS.

Because Nintendo can detect you're on an emulator.
NUH UH! IT WORKS BUT IT DOESN'T, WHY?
Because Nintendo can detect you're on an emulator.
NUH UH! IT WORKS BUT IT DOESN'T, WHY?

It's not impossible, it's a fact.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaden. said:
What is that "way"?

Also, that's impossible. I played with a friend to Pokémon Soul Silver Plaza Games (Wobbufet, Mime Jr, etc.) And they worked fine. (Not in the left room, in middle with friend)
I can trade by GTS.

When I tried on Diamond it just didn't find an access point. How'd you do it?

zar713

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has blocked it or you need to erase you mac etc. and reconnect , by the way what method are you using to do wifi on desume?

Jaden.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
:facepalms: :laughts at nintendo: Why they would be that stupid to block battles and plaza (Left) and not GTS, Plaza Games (Friend Code (Middle)), DOwnloads form Ranger 3. ._.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jaden. said:
:facepalms: :laughts at nintendo: Why they would be that stupid to block battles and plaza (Left) and not GTS, Plaza Games (Friend Code (Middle)), DOwnloads form Ranger 3. ._.
It's probably likely due to the way those are handled and the level of Nintendo's server involvement.

Jaden.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That fails. If i can always to that.

Also, i tryed Worms - Open Warfare 2, with wifi. I had 3 Bars, and i was able to do all Wi-fi Things.

Why i'm getting 3 bars on this, and others 2. T_T

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jaden. said:
That fails. If i can always to that.

Also, i tryed Worms - Open Warfare 2, with wifi. I had 3 Bars, and i was able to do all Wi-fi Things.

Why i'm getting 3 bars on this, and others 2. T_T
There is no standard for bar strength on anything like that -- wifi, cell signal, battery, whatever.
If there are 3 bars max, one could be 33% each bar or 33 / 66 / 99, another could be 0 bars = 0~25 / 1 = 25~50 / 2 = 50~75 / 3 = 75~100.

Jaden.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
AsPika, you're very but very wrong. I saw some friends playing WIFI.

Like,

One in DS and Other in PC
One in PC and the other in other PC

I saw the battle and all. But i still don't get why i get disconnected. Maybe Router Firewall?

D

Deleted-236924

Wi-Fi on DeSmuME works, but it isn't perfect.
That means some features will work, but some won't.

Poryhack said:
Jaden. said:
What is that "way"?

I can trade by GTS.

When I tried on Diamond it just didn't find an access point. How'd you do it?
You go in Wi-Fi options and select "Infrastructure"
Then when you scan for an access point, it will find "Soft AP"

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
You go in Wi-Fi options and select "Infrastructure"
Then when you scan for an access point, it will find "Soft AP"
What version are you using? I've got a newish svn release and there's no wi-fi options anywhere.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The developers disable the wifi function so that nintendo doesn't perm ban desmume. So unless you know what you are actually doing, don't touch wifi.

It's best to just wait till the developers to finish working on wifi for desmume such that nintendo doesn't detect desmume.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xdarkx said:
The developers disable the wifi function so that nintendo doesn't perm ban desmume. So unless you know what you are actually doing, don't touch wifi.

It's best to just wait till the developers to finish working on wifi for desmume such that nintendo doesn't detect desmume.
I don't believe that's 100% true. If they left wifi as a standard option they would be barraged by questions because it only sorta-works. They don't want that, so they disable it.

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Jaden. said:
AsPika, you're very but very wrong. I saw some friends playing WIFI.

Like,

One in DS and Other in PC
One in PC and the other in other PC

I saw the battle and all. But i still don't get why i get disconnected. Maybe Router Firewall?

Read this wiki site for informations! I also don't know if WIFI is works or not....
unsure.gif

http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq

If you don't uderstand, go to this site and tell Zeromus and other about this. Register first before post.

forums.desmume.org

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Poryhack said:
xdarkx said:

I don't believe that's 100% true. If they left wifi as a standard option they would be barraged by questions because it only sorta-works. They don't want that, so they disable it.

The thing is, if you think about it, the developer that is responsible for making wifi work on desmume openly announced that function as well as giving enough instructions for how to get it to work. If he didn't want to get flooded with a lot of questions, then he wouldn't have made the announcement as well as made the code for wifi open for anyone to compile.

Testers reported wifi work during the couple of days after that announcement. However, they soon reported back that they get an error whenever they try to go on wifi.

Jaden.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The thing is, why i get 2 bars on Pokémon and 3 on Worms. When Wifi is "Simulated"(With simulated i mean, a fake programmed access point) and not real Wifi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte