StacMaster-S

OP
Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I'm still learning the ropes on Wii Homebrew... and I've been reading quite a bit of info on it, but here's something I can't figure out (and as far as I can tell it hasn't been posted yet).

I've got a pretty good grasp on installing/uninstalling WADs... and I was playing around with managing my space. Now we're supposed to be using our SD cards to back up channels when we're running low on system memory... however I noticed today that some of the VC/WiiWare titles I had copied to the SD card could not be copied back to the Wii system memory. It would look like it's copying fine, but instead of the usual "The file was copied." message it would say "The file was not copied." and not really give any explanation.

I decided to uninstall all the new WADs I'd been messing with, and just test a few smaller ones to see how consistent the problem was starting from scratch... here's what I found out...

Dr. Mario Online Rx
(copies to SD, does not copy back)

Kid Icarus
(copies to SD, copies back)

Super Castlevania IV
(copies to SD, copies back)

Sonic the Hedgehog
(copies to SD, does not copy back)

Some other games I remember not copying back before this test were:
Pop, Defend Your Castle, FFCC:MLaaK (all WiiWare titles) and NES Open Tournament Golf
However others I've tried worked fine...

So anyway, I'm not sure I understand what the issue is with some titles and not others... it seems really inconsistent which titles are having issues, and I don't understand why files wouldn't copy in the first place when I have plenty of blocks opened up. I thought maybe it could be a region thing... but I'm pretty sure every file I've gotten has been U.S. NTSC so far.

So yeah, any ideas? Something obvious I'm missing?
Thanks for the help!

Edit:
I should mention I have recently updated my menu to 3.3U... not sure if that would be an issue... but yeah... I just like to keep my system up to date once I know everything will keep working on it.

StacMaster-S

OP
Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm still thinking about this problem... I'm wondering if maybe something is screwy in the system memory and if a format is in order. Of course I would have to back up a lot of save files and redownload a few things... I just wonder if it's the right way to go.

memorris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when you copy it to a sdcard from the wii system menu you only copy the save data.to install it again you need the original wad and install it with WAD Installer or WAD Manager .

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see what's the problem. Just backup your .WAD in antoher folder on your SD card (For me it's in a folder called WAD BACKUP). That way if you want to install/uninstall any wad just copy the .wad into wad folder. And i have the WAD Installer /Uninstaller / Manager as channels which makes it easier doing these stuff.

StacMaster-S

OP
Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I mean, I can certainly do that... I guess I just don't understand why backing up game channels to the SD card isn't working half the time.

Also there is some convenience to backing games up to your SD card, especially when you're doing a lot of system memory management (since these WiiWare titles take up so much space). When you install games straight from the WADs your not always sure how many blocks you're using, have left, etc.

Also when you use a WAD uninstaller, doesn't it remove every trace of the game from the system, including save files? Of course those can be backed up to an SD card as well... but it seems inconvenient to me.

Anyway, just bugs me that my system isn't work right...

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buy them and you will have no problems
wink.gif

StacMaster-S

OP
Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess it should be mentioned though... is that the issue? Do games that are purchased and installed through the store legitimately copy to/from and SD card okay and SOME games that are installed with WAD installers don't?

I'd just like to know I don't have something weird going on in my system memory I guess...

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Titles purchased will copy back and forth, yes.

Apparently all the old menus worked fine copying back and forth, but 3.3 knocked that ability out. Since the ticket is different, it sees that and doesn't let you copy.

I wasn't able to copy ANYTHING I hacked, even Kid Icarus... I had to remove it using the WAD manager and then re-install it using that. The thing I hate about that, though, is I have to keep putting the save file on the SD card and erasing the channel with the manager. If erasing it left the save I'd do it with less hesitation, it's just a bit inconvenient.

So I don't think there's any way to fix it... it's just one of the things Nintendo fixed in 3.3. I'm surprised even those two titles work, as mine don't. I can only copy the ones I bought, and the hacked ones will not copy back to the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-