Problems Registering Heroes of Ruin?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by syfyTy, Jul 17, 2012.

Jul 17, 2012
  1. syfyTy
    OP

Member syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

United States
    Has any other USA buyers of heroes of Ruin had trouble Linking and Registering thier game?

I have succeed in registering it on the Square Enix site but not on the Heroes of Ruin site which asks for the numbers to be enterted into the webpage in a different format than they are offered in the leafelt in package. Yes, I am using the correct set of numbers (the serial number on the red.black insert...

I have set up accounts on both websites Square Enix AND heroes of Ruin. But HoR shows no game registered. I reg it on SE website but the available slots on the HoR site won't accept both numbers and letters which the American site offeres. (I can't speak of UK sites)

Any advice or experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

Please be specific with your details as the ones listed on the web site are quite general and not leading anywhere.

Thanks Guys.(and Gals)

2. donelwero

Member donelwero GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    I think you are getting a little confused aboout registering the game and linking it to the website.

I did it yesterday so I may skip a step or two...

To link your game to your account you should:
    1.- Login into the HoR site.
    2.- Click on the Home tab
    3.- Clik on the Click here to link your account button.
    4.- Open your Nintendo 3DS and load up the game. If you are playing for the first time, you'll be prompted to link your account before choosing a character class. You can either scan a QR code or enter a number to link your account, whichever you prefer.
    5.- Take a picture of the QR code and both the 3DS and the website will link.

To register:
    1.- Go to SQUARE ENIX website and login.
    2.- Click on the My Profile button.
    3.- Look for the click here to add new games link. Click it.
    4.- Register your game using the code inside the games box.

3. syfyTy
    OP

Member syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

United States
    On the Heroes of Ruin site, (I have already registered on the Square Enix site, on the HoR.com site there are no games listed as registered under my profile.

The only numbers I may input in the HoR reg page , that came with the game are the UPC on the rear of the package and the "Club Nintendo Like" numbers on the insert called Square Enix Registration Card. It has four sets of Four Digits,All four are a mix of numbers AND letters, but there is no place on the registration page of HoR that accepts this number combination. I am talking about the US site (assuming there may be a problem with the US site..)

I've registered hundreds of games before with nary a problem until this one...

Has anyone USED the US site for HoR registration at Heroes of Ruin.com?

I specify the US site because google indicates others are having this same trouble as I.All answers seem to come from people from area 'other than' the US. So no one using the US site has answered this on googles sites...

God I feel Sooo stupid here.. I hope this is thier problem. I suspect something wrong with the site..

I have had several other people try this reg for me and they all get the same results as I do..

Furthermore, The Square Enix Support NA site doesn't even LIST the game!!! some support Pfftt

4. donelwero

Mexico
    To link your 3ds to your account you have to be connected to the internet (with your 3ds), and have the HoR page showing the QR code.

5. steve007

Member steve007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am not happy with the game no other classes only 4 classes :( bummer
    Ill play guild wars 2 in steed :)

6. donelwero

Mexico
    I just gave a little try to every class. Guess I'll stick to gunslinger, the others are just meh and slow. I hoped for a more fast-paced game...

7. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    That's because it's them London SE who made this stuff. Ergo, by default it's up to them to support it.

But yes, I suppose it would not have been unreasonable to expect it from Square Enix in general. As it stands though, that London Studio is more like an internal "outsource" unit. It's like they outsourced the game development, but it's still under SE management.