Hacking problems loading

silk186

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just received my NDSTT with a 2gb microSD and I couldn't get anything to load, it would always freeze during the loading screen. I found that If I left about 500mb free space on the card thought that everything would work great. Anyone else have this issue or know any solutions?

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem; the solution is simple, but a semi-pain...

Basically, the DSTT sucks terribly at loading games when the files are fragmented. (If you do an anyalyze in windows on your sd card and see fragmented files; you can be pretty sure you'll have this issue.)

The solution is:
A) You can defrag the card IF your defragger will cleanly defrag files. (I couldn't get things defragmented properly using windows.)

B) (What I Did): Copy everything off your card; do a full format of the SD card, and copy everything back over. (Like i said, a pain).

The best advice i have is to only Add to the card, and not delete anything. Once you start deleting games and files; you are better off retransmitting everything.

Good Luck-

(If anyone else finds a better, quicker solution to this; please post.)

sg73

Trophies
XP
Country
I was having major problems after trying a few games they started to freeze when loading, the solution is to make new folders on the memory card and put about 6 games or so in each.
I have tried this with three different cards and not had any more problems..
hope this helps....

angelo328

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I too was having problems with freezing menu so I overwrote the the TTmenu files and the problem was solved. I will however try out the solution about folders.

rubyredcran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before my when I tried to load my games the loading screen freezes and now after I tried this putting the games into folders idea NDSTT wont even start. It just keeps loading. Can someone please help me out by possibly giving me instructions on how to reformat my card and how to overwrite the TTmenu files.

Thanks

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
format to fat16, with 32kilobyes allocation, put dstt menu file and folder in root of card, make "games" folder, put all games and sav's in that folder, insert microsd/hc into top toy, insert top toy into ds, turn ds on, play games

rubyredcran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ummmm thanks but I don't know what fat16 is or how to format to it
Ok i figured out how to format but I cant do the 32 kilobyte allocation because the only option they give me is default. After the reformat it still gets stuck on the loading screen

rubyredcran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes they are but I got it working

Turns out I needed to download the newest menu file from the site and replace my old one with that. Now it works like a charm.
Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte