Problems getting Sakura to run.

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by GGnowGTFO, Jan 12, 2010.

Jan 12, 2010
  1. GGnowGTFO
    OP

Newcomer GGnowGTFO Newbie

United States
    Setup:
    M3i Zero
    Latest SYSTEM files from GBAtemp.
    Transcend 8GB Class 6

I've been using TouchPod for a while now and it works fine. Tried booting into Sakura and the DiskCheck froze. I reformatted the microSD and put just the SYSTEM folder back in and it passed the DiskCheck and booted. Went back and put the NDS folder back on the card and now DiskCheck freezes again. If I skip the DiskCheck, it freezes when i try to access the NDS folder from Sakura. I went back to TouchPod and everything still works fine on there.

Anyone have an suggestions?

2. dhjohn

Member dhjohn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are you using the Panasonic formatter?
    If so, (after a fresh formatting) try putting just the folder (with nothing in it) on the card, and see if it works (passes Disk Check and can enter the folder). Then, try one game, see if you can run the game. Then try adding a few games at a time to the card.

It sounds like either the card isn't formatted right (Windows can screw it up from what I've heard), or one of the games is messing up Sakura.

Try that and let us know where it starts failing.

3. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Someone else posted the same problem a couple of days ago. This might help.

4. GGnowGTFO
    OP

Newcomer GGnowGTFO Newbie

United States
    Ah thanks, I'll try out these tips soon and let you know if it works.

Update: I've tried the gradual adding ROM approach and so far its been working... gotta find that corrupt ROM. Thanks for the help!

Update2: Oddly enough, I eventually added all the roms in and it worked fine. Guess maybe I was adding in too many new files at once?