Hacking Problems Burning Wii Game

ZeroSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried burning Pikmin2 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles to no avail. I have used ImgBurn and also nero to no luck at all. I am using a memorex dvd - r and i dont know if that has a part in the problem, or if its the backup loader on my wii. I put in a regular wii game and used the backup loader on it and it launched just fine with no problems, but when i put the burned game in there it wont read the disc and gives some kind of error that i cant make out due to it looking like its got two messages written on the same space. Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong and how to fix it, im kinda tired of goin through dvd's and different programs to have this work. Thank you for any and all help!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the error look something like "error 324 (no cios)"? If so you have not hacked your Wii enough to play backup games on it. Simply having a backup launcher alone is not enough to play backups games on a Wii. A custom IOS is necessary to get them working along with it. There are different ways to accomplish getting this on a Wii, but the easiest and most compatible method with any type of Wii on any firmware is using WiiPower's Trucha Bug Restorer (unless you're already below FW 3.2 in which case you already should have the trucha bug).

Anywho, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

This shows how to use the Trucha Bug Restorer and what you need to do with it. You need to use it to downgrade IOS15, then run it again off of IOS15 to install an IOS36 with the trucha bug to IOS36, and then restore IOS15 back to normal. Once you do this you can run the cios rev13a installer and choose IOS36 and do a network installation and it should install properly. This cIOS will install as IOS249 and should be used for anything else in the future such as installing wad's with wad manager 1.4 or updating to a new cIOS.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the game you're trying to load pal when you're playing on an ntsc system or something? You need to go into the options of whatever loader you're using for the game and change the video mode to like force ntsc or console default or something that isn't the wrong region.

ZeroSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed that, I have that gamma loader that came with that package and another loader that I can't think of. pikmin2 loads without forcing ntsc but the screen moves but when its forced it won't load.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm...more Infos, please...and also, please: USE THE FREAKING BACKUP-SECTION!!! (Counter how often I said this: 14 times).

Now...many possibilities:

First:
1) Go to the Search-Button
2) Search for "NeoGamma"
3) Use that one

It's better to be Up-to Date, and that loader is awesome!!!

And then:
-Burn the games at slower Speed (4x?)
-Check if ISO isn't corrupt before burning (if possible).
-Vertify your burning process
-Try another brand for the DVDs (ex. Verbatim)
-Install the cIOS again
-Toy around with the Settings in NeoGamma (Force Language, Force Video Mode).

That's all that comes in my mind...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: You're counting all your sheep in disguise.... Caught up in the world of lies