Problems booting up my Acekard 2 (with a certain microsd)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by xamorok, Jan 24, 2010.

1. xamorok
    OP

Member xamorok Member

United States
    So this is what happened. My brother and i have an acekard 2 each and a 4 gig microsd hc (Turbo Data) card each as well. I know for sure that the acekard 2 itself is not at fault, because i have swapped an sd card into . My brother moved some themes from my sd card over to his, in order to try em out. He goes through the themes, all of which worked perfectly fine on my sd card. Upon using one theme however, he was unable to change out of it, meaning he went to the menu, and he was able to change all other settings, except the theme. He turned it on and off, same thing. He put it in to our sd reader, and attempted to delete the culprit theme (a zelda one, in case anyone was wondering, obtained from the acekard theme website) When he turned the card back on, it stuck on the black screen with loading written on it. Me being lazy and all, i tried to transfer my akaio to my brother's card. Mac os x didnt let me do so. I decided i would trash the old akaio firmware install, the faulty one, and redownload it and throw it onto the card. No success, following the gbatemp wiki. I opened up the gbatemp wiki, thinking i may have forgotten something. It said i needed to format the card with Panasonic SD formatter. I know there is no mac equivalent, and as far as i know, disk utility is how i originally formatted the sd cards and put akaio on them (that having worked. However, my memory is vague, so if the mac is the problem, pray tell). Many formats and attempts to put on a new akaio firmware later, i am still getting stuck on the loading screen (the card loading not a game). I am about to try the official acekard firmware, but i fear the sd card may have fried. Does anyone know 1) If panasonic SD formatter is a must use? I have read on gbatemp that mac users have been fine with disk utility, MSDOS format. 2) If this is a common problem with themes, and its only a matter of fixing a certain file?
    P.S: Using an intel-based mac mini, with Mac Os X V 10.6.2.
    Many thanks in advance. Hope i provided enough info.
    P.S.S: Please dont let it be a fried micro sd (I am assuming its not, seeing as i can read it, delete items on it and add them with no hassle.)

**EDIT**
    It would seem that even the official acekard firmware v. 4.21 didnt work

2. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Your issue is the way that MacOS formats cards.

On the card there is a file "_something" as well as the "_aio" one. I can't remember the workaround for this on the Mac, used the Search button and found this:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205087&hl=

If not, can a Mac owner help out here?

3. xamorok
    OP

Member xamorok Member

United States
    hmm i followed what that said, no go...