Hacking Problem with Wii

matthewn4444

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I bought my wii 2 years ago and I now I think it is broken, well just the laser. A few months ago, my wii stopped running real/backup games and then randomly started to work again. Then recently, i have not used my wii for some time and now it doesn't run anything. I get the error "An error has occurred please press the eject button and remove the disk. turn the wii console off....". I was wondering if Nintendo can fix it. It is modded with Wiikey (original one) and the 1 year warranty is finished. I was wondering if Nintendo will still take it in for repairs, or is it finished? (I left it plugged in and that is why the laser is dying).

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N probably won't like it with a chip on it. There's a chance they'll give you a new D3-2 as well, which is backup-proof. No chip exists for the new D3-2 units.

Change the drive yourself. It isn't that hard, and drives sell for less than $70. You can buy the D2(A,B,C) and DMS drives online. What's better, you can guarantee you'll be able to play backups, and install your chip at the same time if you want to reuse the wiikey.

All drives are compatible with all wiis. Just remember, you need a tri-wing driver to get the wii apart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-