Problem with Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by matthewn4444, Dec 11, 2009.

Dec 11, 2009

Problem with Wii by matthewn4444 at 10:46 PM (578 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. matthewn4444
    OP

Member matthewn4444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi I bought my wii 2 years ago and I now I think it is broken, well just the laser. A few months ago, my wii stopped running real/backup games and then randomly started to work again. Then recently, i have not used my wii for some time and now it doesn't run anything. I get the error "An error has occurred please press the eject button and remove the disk. turn the wii console off....". I was wondering if Nintendo can fix it. It is modded with Wiikey (original one) and the 1 year warranty is finished. I was wondering if Nintendo will still take it in for repairs, or is it finished? (I left it plugged in and that is why the laser is dying).

2. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    softmod and use a usb loader

3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    N probably won't like it with a chip on it. There's a chance they'll give you a new D3-2 as well, which is backup-proof. No chip exists for the new D3-2 units.

Change the drive yourself. It isn't that hard, and drives sell for less than $70. You can buy the D2(A,B,C) and DMS drives online. What's better, you can guarantee you'll be able to play backups, and install your chip at the same time if you want to reuse the wiikey.

All drives are compatible with all wiis. Just remember, you need a tri-wing driver to get the wii apart.

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    or replace the drive. You can get them online (ebay, etc etc)

very simple to replace.