Problem with wii motion plus

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by bad_freddy, Apr 5, 2010.

Apr 5, 2010
  1. bad_freddy
    OP

Newcomer bad_freddy Member

Greece
    Hello,

Today I discovered that's something wrong with my WM+ adapter as it doesn't recognize the nunchuck that is connected on it.
    If I connect the nunchuck onto the wii remote (without WM+) it's ok so it's not a wii remote issue, and in games that need WM+ like sports resort, my WM+ is recognized and working.
    So the problem is in the connector of my WM+.
    Is there any solution or something that I can try in order to fix it? Or do I have to buy another one? It's a shame because the accesory is working fine so I'd like to avoid buying a new one just for this.

Thank you.

2. Quanno

Member Quanno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    You should ask your money back, or a new one since the problem is in the wm+

3. Toader

Member Toader GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is your nunchuck original? Is it from nintendo? Wii Motion + does not support fake or third party nunchucks.

4. Neversoft

Member Neversoft GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    ^I can vouch for that! Picked up a WM+ and Nunchuck from two different vendors on eBay... Turns out the Nunchuck was a fake. Worked ok for a week or two as a normal Nunchuck but wouldn't work with the WM+ (basically, exactly the same situation as yourself) then it packed-in totally [​IMG]

In other words, it might not be the WM+, it could easily be the Nunchuck.

5. bad_freddy
    OP

Newcomer bad_freddy Member

Greece
    No my nunchuck is original as it is the one that came with the Wii.
    Besides that, the last 4 months I have it, it worked fine and all of a sudden that problem came up.
    Nevermind, I went back to the shop that I bought it and they are going to send it to the Nintendo service here in Greece to check it out and probably replace it with a new one, because as they told me it can't be opened and repaired.

Thank you for your help and will keep you informed if any news come up.

6. yellowperil

Newcomer yellowperil Member

Greece
    I have discovered the WM+ doesnt pick up on the nunchuck when the battery is low.

7. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't know if this applies, but I read somewhere that if you unplug your WM+ without releasing the lock, it can tear out a wire inside that affects the addon port on it's base.

As I said, I dont know if this applies to you, or even if its true, but figured it was worth relaying, as another option.

Do any other addons work through it, like the classic controller if you have one? (you dont need to be in a WM+ game to test this, just any that support the classic controller, I believe)

Good Luck .. :>

EDiT : Just reread that you sent it back for repairs. Probably the besy way to sort itm no matter the problem ;>