Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to have a problem with the wad unpacker (the one included in the sticky above). It says its unpacked properly, so I go and do everything else, then use the wad packer. But when I go to install the wad w/ wad manager I get an error. I've tried different wads but the same thing happens. I know its the Unpacker, because a fellow user gave me his unpacked wad and I packed it perfectly. Am I using the Unpacker wrong? What I've done is rename the wad in.wad, clicked on the Wad unpacker.bat and it says "congrats, unpacked" or something like that.

73ARM3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe, or from my experience, different PC setups have something to do with the unpacking/packing problems.

I was having major headaches with unpacking/packing, as one file inside the wad was coming out at the wrong size (the .trailer file at the time) and when repacked was .2KB larger than it should be.

I tested the same process on my sons laptop which has an identical setup to my PC apart from, I am on an AMD processor and he has an Intel processor, the wad was succesfully unpacked/packed on the laptop.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
trent_fox said:
Have you tried other unpackers? I use BFGR wadtools and haven't had any problems with it.

QUOTE(73ARM3 @ Oct 20 2008, 02:06 AM) I believe, or from my experience, different PC setups have something to do with the unpacking/packing problems.

I was having major headaches with unpacking/packing, as one file inside the wad was coming out at the wrong size (the .trailer file at the time) and when repacked was .2KB larger than it should be.

I tested the same process on my sons laptop which has an identical setup to my PC apart from, I am on an AMD processor and he has an Intel processor, the wad was succesfully unpacked/packed on the laptop.

Thanks for replying!! I'll try on a different computer to see if it's that, and I'll try BFGR wadtools when I get home.

"(the .trailer file at the time) and when repacked was .2KB larger than it should be."
I had that prob to except it was packing the trailer was smaller than it should have been (I had another user unpack it for me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up