nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a strange problem.

I have some games which I had previously played on a real card but moved to Acekard 2Ki. Before, they worked fine on my ackeard. Then i moved the games and the sav files to a new (memory) card. Now, the files I had changed from .sav to .sav.nds no longer work (the sav files don't work, the games work). Anyone had htis before? I am using the newest firmware, the one that was on the front page.

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can go two ways

1: start->system options look for the save page thing -> set it to .sav instead of .nds.sav

or

2: put your memory card into your cpu, and change all of your .sav and rename it to pokemon.nds.sav

#1 is easier imo, i did mine the #2 way -.- lol

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made a typo in my original post. The problem is not the ext. The ext is fine. The problem is the ext is fine and the card is STILL not finding the sav files.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Riiight...

So, you've backed up some official game saves from some carts, haven't played them in an emulator or converted them. They were working fine, but then you copied them to another memory card. What could be different about that memory card? Different ROM names, different settings on the firmware etc.

So what firmware are you using? What firmware were you using on your previous memory card? Are you sure all the names are correct? Have you tried changing the save settings to match the saves?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
anaxs said:
u named them .sav.nds and thats not what ur supposed to do

ur supposed to name them .nds.sav

u did it backwards and made it a nds file

that wasn't said twice already in this thread or anything, no really, thanks for saying it again. they guy reading is probably really stupid and wouldn't have read what came before your post.

cheers!
-another world

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
Riiight...

So, you've backed up some official game saves from some carts, haven't played them in an emulator or converted them. They were working fine, but then you copied them to another memory card. What could be different about that memory card? Different ROM names, different settings on the firmware etc.

So what firmware are you using? What firmware were you using on your previous memory card? Are you sure all the names are correct? Have you tried changing the save settings to match the saves?

i am using the current firmware on the front page, the one with the fix for Wario. Before that i was using the firmware that was available when the acekard first came out. Basically this is what i did. I had a 4 meg card previously and an acekard 2ki. My acekard broke so i went back to an m3 card, at which time i changed the saves from .nds.sav to .sav. Everythign worked fine. I then got a new Acecard, but i switched to a 1 meg card (i gave the 4 meg to my wife) but i put a few games on the 1 meg card, Castlevania and a few others (chagned the extension of the save file). All worked ok. Last week i bought a new 4gb card and i put the other games from the real to the acekard and changed the extensions back to the way they need to be for the acekard. But when i open the games, the game does not see the save files. BUT the games i had on the acekard previously (like Castlevania) work fine. So there is something i am doing wrong in the naming process, but its not the extension itself. PLEASE DONT TELL ME I MADE A TYPO IN THE EXTENSION.

thanks

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
What is this famous 'front page'? The Acekard site?

If so, start using AKAIO.

And are your save files .sav now? Because in AKAIO you need to change the save file extension from .nds.sav to .sav, then they will work.

nikochanr3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i mean the front page of this site. I am working while im typing this which in retrospect is stupid because im not getting the detailed answers i would need because i am giving half assed info. I will try what you said however. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end