Hacking Problem with retroarch and sd2vita

jsan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am having some issues with retroarch not seeing my ux0: sd2vita storage correctly. Only some folders (3 to precise) can be browsed when I click on the ux0: partition from the "Load Content" menu. "Load Cores" gives the same issue, for some reason not all folders in ux0 are accessible. I am using the latest retroarch version (1.6.7) and this happens with both individual packages and the retroarch.vpk full package.
When the app launches I also get an error saying "Fail to save config to ux0:/data/retroarch/..." which makes sense given that the ux0:/data folder is invisible later on from the retroarch file browser. VitaShell can work perfectly fine with all the ux0 storage and this is the only app that has given me any issues. I also tried rebooting the vita but still not working. I am guessing this is some compatibility problem with retorarch.

Anybody has any pointers on how to solve this? I got my vita just recently mainly for playing retro games on the go, so this is an important feature for me :D

Update: Just tried on the latest nightly built and the same problem persists

Thanks

Last edited by jsan,

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Must be the folder properties.
I dont hay my sd2vita installed so havent tested it yey, but it sounds like u need to change your ux0 folder atributes.
Test this: edit the folder's name to... Let's say from 'data' to 'data1' then create a new 'data' folder and move everything from data1 to the new data folder.

jsan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks @Zukov, that worked, the data folder is now visible for retroarch. I guess the next step is to mount the SD in the PC and try to change the attributes for all the folders. Didn't see any options in vitashell for this. Will update the post when I'm done.

By the way, retroarch now goes to dark when loading a rom. Only tried one rom, may be an invalid file.

jsan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Quick update, I could restore attributes for all folder from windows by running:
attrib -H -S d:\*.* /D /S (replace D: by the letter of your drive)

Not really sure why 90% of the folders in the SD card were tagged as System+Hidden. Maybe they are meant to be like this. Maybe somebody can shed some light on this.

Regarding retroarch, I could finally load a rom (SNES to be precise). The problem seemed to be the core I was using (2005 plus), I tried another and worked just fine.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water