Problem with Pokemon Y save

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mike.Simonetti, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Mike.Simonetti
    OP

Mike.Simonetti Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Italy
    Hi everyone :lol:

I'm having some issues with my Pokemon Y save. So I backed up my original card using the the gateway function, and noticed that on my SD file I also had the .sav file, but when I boot the game it says that the save file is corrupted. So I tried to load the original card using the "boot in classic mode" function and again it said that the game save is corrupted. I was freaking out, so I decide to load on another 3ds and thank god my save was still there.
    Is there anyway I can boot my game on the gateway console?

2. gtaking112

gtaking112 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2013

Pokemon Y uses 6.x.x encryption which is not compatible with Gateway which is why is it showing up as corrupt. Do not try to start a new game in classic mode as this will cause the new save to be incompatible with your normal 3ds because the Gateway uses a different encryption. There is currently no method to use an original save with Gateway as of now. Hope this helps :lol:

3. Mike.Simonetti
    OP

Mike.Simonetti Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Italy
    oh I see, well I guess I'll just have to use the other 3ds to play Pokemon. Thank you =)