Problem with New 3DS update and Arm9loaderhax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FaitKitsune, Apr 25, 2017.

1. FaitKitsune
    OP

FaitKitsune Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    Okay, so, my New 3DS runs arm9loaderhax and Luma 3DS CFW and essentially acts as a backup of my main New 3DS. Well, I updated, and now my system does not properly boot up. A total black screen. When I tried to remove the SD card and boot up, the blue power light literally popped on then, went out. Nothing came up.

So next, I tried doing this: Left shoulder+right shoulder+A+B+X+Y pressed down and power on WITH the SD card in (doing this without the card in was the same as starting it without the card in as described above). It brought up a menu called 'Decrypt9WIP'.

The options on this menu are as follows:
    XORpad Generator Options
    Titlekey Options
    SysNAND Options
    EmuNAND Options
    Content Decryptor Options
    Gamecart Dumper Options
    Maintenace Options

I'm not really sure what any of these do or how they can help, but any information would be very much appreciated. As a note, everything was working just fine through 11.3. Thanks for your time and help, folks!

~Fait

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    You either have an old A9LH installed or the newer A9LH but no payload on CTR NAND. This is expected behavior.

The guide previously had you install Decrypt9WIP as a Luma3DS payload (/luma/payloads/start_Decrypt9WIP.bin). It's showing up when you hold Start when powering on.

What version of Luma3DS do you have installed? (Hold Select while powering on the system.)

3. FaitKitsune
    OP

FaitKitsune Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    Lemme check... v6.0.1

4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    You'll need to update Luma3DS. Current version is v7.0.2.

To update, copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the release archive to your SD card.

Note that if you used language emulation, the paths have changed. See the wiki page for more information.

5. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    Use the latest v7 and see if that solves it [just the arm9loaderhax.bin file]

6. FaitKitsune
    OP

FaitKitsune Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    Alright, giving that a try now...

Edit: Just copy everything straight over to the root folder of the SD Card? Or just the arm9loaderhax.bin file?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Okay, loading the arm9loaderhax.bin onto the SD card brought up a new menu without touching anything.Several options are available, nothing is selected. Which options do I hit?

Edit: Okay, I checked over the options.. nothing looked like it NEEDED to be messed with unless I was some super programmer so.. I saved and it rebooted normally. Whew! Thanks for helping with this. :3

~Fait

Last edited by FaitKitsune, Apr 25, 2017