Problem with my 2DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by InnocentLattice, Jan 11, 2016.

1. InnocentLattice
    OP

InnocentLattice Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2015
    Italy
    Hi guys, I think i made an error with my Nintendo 2DS. I downgraded my console from 10.3 to 9.2 using menuhax, then after creating emunand and successfully running Rxtools i think I made a huge mistake. I noticed my console didn't let me access to the system settings being stuck at the 3ds logo. So i decided to run RXtools on my SysNand and formatted my console because I wanted to unlink the Emunand. After switching on the console I noticed that it doesn't go past a black screen at even if I can access the system updater menu by pressing L+R+up+A, it always says an error came up and can't update the console. What do I do at this point?

2. bytar

bytar GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Morocco
    it seems that your console is bricked. maybe you should change your dns settings and try to update again.

Last edited by bytar, Jan 11, 2016
  3. InnocentLattice
    OP

InnocentLattice Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2015
    Italy
    So restoring the Nand Backup is my only option? I have one but I'm not skilled with soldering and all that stuff

4. bytar

bytar GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Morocco
    did you try to open the console without its sd card?

5. InnocentLattice
    OP

InnocentLattice Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2015
    Italy
    yes tried everything except changing the dns setting because it doesn't let me do it from the safe updater.

6. bytar

bytar GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Morocco
    try to change your dns settings on your modem interface page. it must be like this 192.168.1.1

7. InnocentLattice
    OP

InnocentLattice Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2015
    Italy
    ok i did it and it doesn't work, thank you anyway, it seems that hard modding is the only way to do it XD

8. bytar

bytar GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Morocco
    i didn't see anyone who did a hardmod for a 2ds. good luck.