Hacking Problem with loading and in-game crashes. (SCDS1)

hjfbv1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have been living under a rock and not too active in the DS scene in a while. for that reason I just updated my SCDS1 to the EOS where as I had the original OS before this. However now very few games load correctly and certain games crash while in the middle of playing them. IE: "Yu-Gi-Oh 2010." I know that for the Yu-Gi-Oh game, the PC emulator was having problems so it my be just that game; however, this doesn't solve the problem that quite a few of my games refuse to load and either go to a white screen or stay in the EOS loading screen.

I am using a slightly old DS lite with scandisc microsd 2G

takeshi10123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hjfbv1 said:
Ok, I have been living under a rock and not too active in the DS scene in a while. for that reason I just updated my SCDS1 to the EOS where as I had the original OS before this. However now very few games load correctly and certain games crash while in the middle of playing them. IE: "Yu-Gi-Oh 2010." I know that for the Yu-Gi-Oh game, the PC emulator was having problems so it my be just that game; however, this doesn't solve the problem that quite a few of my games refuse to load and either go to a white screen or stay in the EOS loading screen.

I can play the hole game of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds 2010 and had no crashes on EOS v1.0 SP5/6 16GB SDHC Card

hjfbv1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well then idk whats going on, im on EOS sp6 and crashes happen sometimes when cards are destroyed usually

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hjfbv1 said:

You probably have the wrong kind of EOS for your Supercard DSONE. There are several different types of DSONE EOS. There's the DSONE EOS for the V3 Supercard DSONE and there's a DSONE EOS for the Original/Normal/Old Supercard DSONE. There are also Chinese and English DSONE EOS's so make sure you're getting the right one. http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dsone/evolution/download.htm

If that does not work, then I suggest that you should Format your Micro SD card BEFORE you copy a fresh download of the EOS.

hjfbv1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i found out it will let me play the game (specifically talking about yu-gi-oh 5d'd now) when i play clean, it runs, however is prone to crashes with certain animations, and also plays very slow, almost like i am playing on a very low end computer on an emulator. and even then it might be faster than what my DS is playing at. There is supposedly a fix for that (I guess other people were having a problem with the game) that disables a few animations through cheating. However if i attempt to play the game patched so cheats apply the game will not load and goes straight to a white screen. I am attempting to format and reinstall the EOS (I did have the correct one but you never know) I may have something from the old OS screwing with it.

EDIT: Well format worked nicely, I can run the game in patched mode now. Have yet to play a game, however its a step in the right direction. Just wished I didn't have to lose all my saves T.T

AfxTwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have a very similar problem to this although not specifically with the Yu Gi Oh game. Crashes occur on my SC DSone (SDHC version) no matter which game I play. Sometimes the game will run smooth but very often will crash and freeze and then when I restart the DS and try to load a game again, it just freezes on the SC loading screen. I have tried formatting my microSD card (Kingston 8GB class 4 Taiwan model) using the Panasonic Formatter program but this has made no difference. I know that the Japanese models of my microSD are supposed to be the best but I'm finding it hard to track one down as most online stores don't stipulate where the card is from.

Anyway, I'm considering upgrading to a DSTwo flashcart and getting a new Kingston microSD but a Japan model (this is for use on my NDS Lite as I don't have a DSi) but I'm just not sure whether that will work any better.

Does anyone have any solutions for my current problem or do you think the DSTwo is the better option? Also I'm from the UK so it would be great if anyone knows where I can get hold of a Japan Kingston microSD.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hjfbv1 said:
well i found out it will let me play the game (specifically talking about yu-gi-oh 5d'd now) when i play clean, it runs, however is prone to crashes with certain animations, and also plays very slow, almost like i am playing on a very low end computer on an emulator. and even then it might be faster than what my DS is playing at. There is supposedly a fix for that (I guess other people were having a problem with the game) that disables a few animations through cheating. However if i attempt to play the game patched so cheats apply the game will not load and goes straight to a white screen. I am attempting to format and reinstall the EOS (I did have the correct one but you never know) I may have something from the old OS screwing with it.

EDIT: Well format worked nicely, I can run the game in patched mode now. Have yet to play a game, however its a step in the right direction. Just wished I didn't have to lose all my saves T.T

It's always nice to make frequent (at least once a week or once a month) backups of files on your Micro SD card. There was one point where my Micro SD card was supposedly "damaged or corrupted", and I had no backups whatsoever. All I had were ROMs and a few latest save files of the games I had on the Micro SD.

Though, the supposedly "corrupted" Micro SD card wasn't really corrupted, it's just that I didn't insert it into the Micro SD Reader that far in.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1