Problem with Homebrew Browser (Not the Elf/Dol Problem)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HylianHero1220, Nov 6, 2008.

1. HylianHero1220
    OP

Newcomer HylianHero1220 Advanced Member

United States
    I was attempting to update the browser but I don't know what happened. Before I learned of the Elf/Dol problem, I redownloaded the stuff for the Homebrew Channel (Didn't use WAD manager or anything). I then did the conversions and the browser worked, however it says there is an update but it cannot reach the servers and loads the channel. What could be the problem here? Not only did I not manage to get the edited Launcher up, but the Browser is messed up as well.

2. HylianHero1220
    OP

United States
    This is extremely frustrating. It just keeps "Retrieving Homebrew application images" but will not connect to the server. I fear that I messed something up with the Wii. Would the fact that I ran the cIOS installer again have any repercussions to this? The browser is currently running in 0.2.1.

3. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There is an updated version of the Homebrew Browser that has support HBC Beta9.

4. HylianHero1220
    OP

United States
    Yes, I found the version in another persons Apps folder that they uploaded, but now I have a few more questions. What are the old and new cIOS labeled as in the Any Title Remover? (First is IOS249, correct?)
    Also, would the fact that i installed the old browser and just replaced the folder leave remnants behind somewhere that I can remove?(Via the Remover)

For the edited portion of the Backup Launcher, do I just replace the old DOL file with the new one and run it?

Sorry bout all this, got really paranoid and irritated before.

5. HylianHero1220
    OP

United States
  6. harryk

Member harryk GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I would assume that the Homebrew Browser seems to have server issues. It happens that it says "unable to establish connection" and in the next try it suddenly works.

For the modified Backup Launcher simply replace the boot.dol with the new DOL file and name it boot.dol.

7. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    There is nothing WRONG with teknecals Homebrew Browser, how the hell are you having problems..........?

8. harryk

Austria
    I click the hell on the "Homebrew Browser" icon and watch the hell the black screen which says "unable to connect". I didn't update the system menu, the HBC, my internet, my router, whatsoever. So I assume there have been server issues... Maybe they are gone now.

9. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Try again, i tried an hour ago never ever have i had a problem with teknecals server.....
    its your wireless connection without a doubt.

10. harryk

Austria
    As mentioned it happened once. Several days ago. I'm not complaining, I just tried to inform the user above. It most likely is working now.
    There's no shiny magic server without any downtime or connection problems ever. And most likely you don't sit in front of your Wii opening the HBB and closing it repeatedly all day long.

But, yes, it must be the magic elves who messed around with my router without ANY DOUBT at all. Thank you.

11. HylianHero1220
    OP

United States
    Like I said, I got the updated version from someone else and encountered no problems. Thanks a lot for the assistance, I'm not too good with improvising and troubleshooting, too paranoid to try much(at least with consoles).

12. skedone

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the only error i get and i allways get it if i go to tools or is it media tab i get a code dump screen