Hacking Problem with game banner.

ivoyko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I has a game on CIA called Gyrozetter and i always saw the game logo... (the thing than appear in the up screen) broken. Then i was thinking: this its because who dumped the game did something bad... and i imported the game.
But still happen the same stuff.
This is how i should see it:

This is how i see it:
IMG_20150405_010139.jpg

Why happen this? im using the original cartridge and the game work... its only than i dont understand why the guy in the video see it ok and i cant.

Last edited by ivoyko,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I has a game on CIA called Gyrozetter and i always saw the game logo... (the thing than appear in the up screen) broken. Then i was thinking: this its because who dumped the game did something bad... and i imported the game.
But still happen the same stuff.
This is how i should see it:

This is how i see it:
IMG_20150405_010139.jpg

Why happen this? im using the original cartridge and the game work... its only than i dont understand why the guy in the video see it ok and i cant.

Same thing happened with the Hyrule Warriors first release, some people had the corrupted banner, and some other had the banner displayed normally, first people tought it was the N3DS version vs O3DS, but nop, some people with an O3DS displayed correctly, therefore i assume your problem is the .cia.

If i recall also correctly, that had to do with the region of the .cia and the region of your 3ds.. also see here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hyrule-warriors-banner-problem-any-fix.411838/

@Chelsea_Fantasy wrote this:
FIX:
1-decrypt the game's executable
2-open the banner with a hex editor
3-extract the jpn-specific banner area
4-repaste it in the other region's area (remember to change adress/offsets in the header)
5-save and rebuild 3ds/cia file

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

ivoyko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not problem but i was using the CIA first but how i was thinking than that was a bad dump i bought it.

But CIA and Cartridge have the same problem o.o

ivoyko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure... im the only one near me with LUMA on my 3DS. If u use HANS or Homebrew Launcher the game start without show banner i think.

U can search the CIA on internet and install it lmao... its a little game... 1 gb or something that lmao.

Last edited by ivoyko,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure... im the only one near me with LUMA on my 3DS. If u use HANS or Homebrew Launcher the game start without show banner i think.

U can search the CIA on internet and install it lmao... its a little game... 1 gb or something that lmao.
Will do, once i get home ill try it and see if its the same error, the probably Luma its the one causing it, or even maybe a bad dump of the game on my side~

ivoyko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i tried same CIA some years ago when Palantine was the only CFW and was the same problem.

The strange stuff its bc the true cartridge have the same problem.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm only wild guessing.
Maybe the header have some unfinished content for your 3DS region banner and it's showing that instead of trying to load the "intended banner" for the region that the game is locked to (some games like Project Mirai DX had the english version banners inside the japanese game header, so when the game was run on a "foreign" console the translated banner shows up).
Or maybe some region patching process from the CFW is altering the header content on the fly and is corrupting the banner.

ivoyko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm only wild guessing.
Maybe the header have some unfinished content for your 3DS region banner and it's showing that instead of trying to load the "intended banner" for the region that the game is locked to (some games like Project Mirai DX had the english version banners inside the japanese game header, so when the game was run on a "foreign" console the translated banner shows up).
Or maybe some region patching process from the CFW is altering the header content on the fly and is corrupting the banner.
And i suppose than i cant fix the cartridge... right?
I played a lot of japanese games and this its the first and only one than have that problem in my 3DS. I saw something than look how my problem with a Taiko game but im not sure if i played it because are about 2 or 3 Taiko games for 3DS.

ivoyko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Because i dont think they do a lot of work if they let the same banner for the 3 regions... its a copy paste D:
Oh and i am stucked in third step of that Chelsea tutorial.

Last edited by ivoyko,

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Why would they even make a banner for a region the cart isn't supposed to run in let alone finishing it?
Maybe because they don't know if the game will get localized to other regions, however sometimes the dev/publishing team will pitch the localization to higher ups (so the original publisher will get moving instead of waiting a foreign publisher to license the game) and so they start working on some "little" assets that will get used on other regions.

In the case of Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX the japanese developers knew that the game would be released worldwide (SEGA said that the game would be exclusive to West and then it got worldwide, but I think that it would be a worldwide release from the start but to japanese players it would be too early to a new release so SEGA played with the press releases to make it sound that japanese gamers wanted the new game to get a new song, since the rest of game is Project Mirai 2 with some new PVs).

In the case of Hyrule Warriors Legends/Zelda Musou 3DS the game was intended to worldwide release, so essentially the japanese build had the localization files for other countries, including the banner.
(wild guess) In the case of Taiko no Tatsujin games, while only 1 PS2 release got localized they never know when a title will get localized so maybe they had incomplete banner assets tied to western region codes, actually the arcade games are localized and operate in western countries (in Brazil we have some units with operations text translated to portuguese and that have 3 Brazilian songs on it).

(Wilder guessing) Or maybe, knowing that if region checking the banner must have a "valid banner" to default to when you're running in a non valid region console, they choose to put a early build of the banner as a default option. (I don't know if the header must have banners for other regions to make the console not hang while region checking a game when it's not patched with CFW).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s