HardMind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to install games via usb using DB installer
I start server in DBI backend GUI in my PC and select install title from usb in my switch but this message still show and

"please connect your console to pc via usb type c cable or press b to exit"
i'm sure I'm connecting switch to my pc and its charging it

virsion : DBI 358

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install games via usb using DB installer
I start server in DBI backend GUI in my PC and select install title from usb in my switch but this message still show and

"please connect your console to pc via usb type c cable or press b to exit"
i'm sure I'm connecting switch to my pc and its charging it

virsion : DBI 358
Don't use the backend pc app just use the mtp responder

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's strange! I never had problems with the backend personally, so that's what I use, but others say the mtp responder works nicely too. Anyway, don't give up, there must be a solution. DBI is the best installer out there.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old revived post now but I'll just say I never found the DBI USB connection stable sometimes even failing right before a game was done and typically the connection needed to be reset after either backing up one game or installing one or else all future ones will fail. I just install games using FTP through DBI now and its been far more reliable

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
the only time I had DB installer fail was when I tried to install a game that needed a newer firmware.

and I always just use MTP responder and drag the .nsp/nsz files over to the microsd install 'drive' in windows file explorer

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had mixed results with DBI's MTP responder depending what USB hardware is inside of the computer: USB 2 ports (and presumably USB 1) will not work at all, USB 3 works, but is flakey on my elitebook 840 G2 laptop and works pretty well with my Thinkpad Yoga 460 which has USB 3 ports.

Nyx also has an MTP responder and it works MUCH better in my experience. However, MTP has been complete garbage in my experience for HUGE file transfers. For example, transferring retroarch's 2GB+ (in thousands of files) almost always fails. So I just take the card out and use a sd to uSD converter in the laptop's built-in SD card slot for big stuff. It's way faster than USB this way, at least on my Thinkpad + Elitebook.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had mixed results with DBI's MTP responder depending what USB hardware is inside of the computer: USB 2 ports (and presumably USB 1) will not work at all, USB 3 works, but is flakey on my elitebook 840 G2 laptop and works pretty well with my Thinkpad Yoga 460 which has USB 3 ports.

Nyx also has an MTP responder and it works MUCH better in my experience. However, MTP has been complete garbage in my experience for HUGE file transfers. For example, transferring retroarch's 2GB+ (in thousands of files) almost always fails. So I just take the card out and use a sd to uSD converter in the laptop's built-in SD card slot for big stuff. It's way faster than USB this way, at least on my Thinkpad + Elitebook.
Nyx doesn't do MTP, it presents as a USB disk drive. Always been reliable for me.

Fwiw DBI MTP works great with the USB 2 on my old MacBook Air and the USB 3 on my newer MacBook Pro.

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of confused about what exactly the difference between MTP / "MTP Responder" / "presents a USB disk drive" is. Most of my hardware is on the old side because I like to stay about 5 (Intel) generations behind the leading edge rubbish. (One spends a lot less money that way on stuff which ends as e-waste in a few short years.) Anyhow, I've used several mobile phones that do this MTP thing to present their SD cards as something not exactly a USB drive for a PC to not exactly mount. It's always been flakey on my ~2016-2018 era systems. I mostly use Artix, Slackware, Void Linux on off-lease Thinkpads and HP whatever-books.

The only place I've gotten USB A to USB C cables is included with el cheapo phones and retrogame handhelds. They cables seem pretty trashy and one even works for only charging. Don't know where you get a good one. I'm not optimistic about the quality of the cables I could buy at walmart....

btw, no permanent harm was done as fsck could repair the FAT32 filesystem no problem.

Maybe its almost time to upgrade to a 2019 laptop.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm kind of confused about what exactly the difference between MTP / "MTP Responder" / "presents a USB disk drive" is. Most of my hardware is on the old side because I like to stay about 5 (Intel) generations behind the leading edge rubbish. (One spends a lot less money that way on stuff which ends as e-waste in a few short years.) Anyhow, I've used several mobile phones that do this MTP thing to present their SD cards as something not exactly a USB drive for a PC to not exactly mount. It's always been flakey on my ~2016-2018 era systems. I mostly use Artix, Slackware, Void Linux on off-lease Thinkpads and HP whatever-books.

The only place I've gotten USB A to USB C cables is included with el cheapo phones and retrogame handhelds. They cables seem pretty trashy and one even works for only charging. Don't know where you get a good one. I'm not optimistic about the quality of the cables I could buy at walmart....

btw, no permanent harm was done as fsck could repair the FAT32 filesystem no problem.

Maybe its almost time to upgrade to a 2019 laptop.
Try buying a branded cable from Amazon. Mine is made by Anker.

johsam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having problems installtng games thru the MTP Responder but only when i install it to microSD. Installing to nand works better and is a lot faster.. Could be my 400GB sandisk microSD that is about to give up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission