Problem with CWCheat: db files aren't working

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Gabii, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Gabii
    OP

Gabii Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2014
    United States
    Everything seemed to be fine up til' last night. I was fiddling around attempting to fix something with Poploader when I noticed that as soon as I would try to start up a PSX game, it would freeze right before the intro and cause the PSP to crash. I tried looking through the cwcheat folder when I noticed that the db files for cwcheat and cwcheatpop.db files wouldn't even load properly.

After about a minute or two, WordPad would come up with the following:
    "An unexpected error occurred while reading etc etc."

I then deleted these files, went back and started up the PSX game and hit Select. The CWCheat menu loaded without any cheats of course, because the db files weren't there.

Also, I mistakenly deleted the cwcheat config file. I'm sure this is important, as I'm now not even able to access the CWCheat menu at all. Is there a way to recover this file?

I have a PSP-3000 CFW 6.60 Pro B-10. Any help will be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

• db1.JPG
      db1.JPG
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
    • db2.JPG
      db2.JPG
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  2. JorgeFFC

JorgeFFC Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    You probably lose some things together with cwcheat conf file, you have same psp as mine, so, i'm sending you mine CWCHeat with Popsloader already configured... if you want to play PSX Games, after select the game, hold R, wait the pops menu appear and choose a pops(for example, Resident Evil 2 Runs with Original from Flash, Final Fantasy VIII runs with Original from Flash, Digimon World 3 Runs with 3.52, Yu-gi-oh Forbidden Memories runs with 3.51 and so on...) To open CWCheat it's still configured to select but it have mine database, so, sorry if it don't have same cheats as yours =P... and i'm adding the best database editor in my opinion, from all databases i've seen ti'll now, this was the easiest to use(but remember you have to press save in any change with the menu, it can edit PSX codes database too if you have gameshark/codebreaker to add there).

Download Database Editor v0.9.6:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/mgxryae3sjmmwy7/CWCheat_Database_Editor_v0.9.6.7z

Download CWCheat+Popsloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/sm8cgbdz11w38gz/CWCheat.7z

Gabii likes this.
  3. Gabii
    OP

Gabii Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2014
    United States
    Oh my gosh, I love you Jorge! Thank you!!!! It worked. :)
    If a mod could please close this thread now, much appreciated.[/quote]

4. sony jean

sony jean Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2014
    Burkina Faso
    Nassau, New Providence
    hi i tried the link you send but it says the files are remove pls help