Problem with card saves.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by PabloMK7, Jun 4, 2016.

1. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    Hello, first of all, I post this in CFW because I'm not sure if my problem has to do with them or not.

Last summer I bought 2 games in the same shop (Alcampo): Yoshi's new Island and Zelda Majora's mask 3D. (Gamecard) Then I started to play Yoshi's New Island, but started school so I stopped. Then I started to play Majora's Mask, but when I decided to play Yoshi's new Island again the save file was gone... Time after, I went back to Majora's and the save file was gone too! I created 2 new files on each game, but again, the files disappear after a month of not using the card at all. Is this a factory defect, has anyone experienced this, or knows if it has to be that I've been switching CFW over time?

I have the same experience with Smash Bros, but this time happens at random times, after I restore a nand backup. I actually think it has to do with the console time, and the function used to prevent users to backup old saves, but afaik, this protection doesn't apply to gamecards, and neither to Yoshi's new Island and Majora's.

2. Arceus922

Arceus922 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    Greece
    Are you sure that noone else had deleted your savefiles for example a brother and this isnt a cfw problem since the saves are stored in the cartridge!

3. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    That is bizarre. Have you tried playing the game for a bit, saving and getting back on the game a few minutes later? If the save is still there you should use a save file backup tool, if not then you should try to get a new cart if it is just those games.

4. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    I'm the only who uses the console.
    Yes, the save file is there at least for a week, if I wait for a month, they dissapear.

5. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Ar your cardridges near to somthing with a magnet inside (external HDD or a subwoofer) for a longer time?

6. PabloMK7
    OP

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    afaik, flash chips can't be get damaged by magnets, but anyway, they aren't