Problem with buttons.. (PSP 1000)

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by m3rox, May 9, 2011.

May 9, 2011

Problem with buttons.. (PSP 1000) by m3rox at 4:38 AM (1,420 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. m3rox
    OP

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So after getting my PSP (PSP 1000, 5.00 m33-6) out of the pawn shop I noticed something. I have to press very hard on the buttons in order for the PSP to recognize that I pressed a button. I've opened the PSP up several times since I got it back to sort out several things and try to fix the problem with the buttons, but I've not found a fix yet. There appears to be nothing wrong with it.

Anyone know what might fix this?

2. marcus134

Member marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    the first thing that crossed my mind was dirt caught between the contacts, but if you disassembled it and didn't see anything, I might have another idea.
    If the previous owner was hard on the button, it is possible that the contact board would be like a millimeter away from the button, but seem unlikely since everything is packed tight in there.

one thing you could try: take the contact rubber from another electronic device, such as a calculator and try it with your psp, if the contact happen nicely you found your problem. you can order contact replacement form various store around the web.