adirz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello
smile.gif
, I have just bought Wii Pal with WASABI chip and I tried to burn Super smash bros brawl but with no success. Because the only available version is NTSC one I patched the ISO with RegionFrii and afterwards I burned with Imgburn on 2.4x speed on Verbatim DVD+R DL disc. Later when I tried the disc the Wii recognized the game but didn't manage to run it. It was stuck with white screen. I also wanted to mention that I tried also to update the wii but still not working. I will be happy for some help. Thanks in advance.

Narutoball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verbaim DL are a bit iffy with the wii, it just sounds like a bad burn, did you make sure to hit verify when you were burning it? I Used memorex DL at 2.4x and it worked first time. Try a different media, Also are you using Imgburn? If so you need to enter a manual layer break in the settings, it can be found somewhere in these forums.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that it may be a bad burn - DL games in the wii is a bit dicey.

I've found the Verbatims that come out of Singapore to be quite good - MKM001 MID. They work well in new Pioneer drives - 112/212/115/215...

But, it's likely to also be a video mode issue:

NTSC brawl on a PAL wii is dodgy at 50hz... you can get frame drops and lockups.

Are you using component cables? I find it runs best in 480p using them.... but otherwise, it should be better at 480i (60hz). It's usually best to turn off flicker filter too.

Another thing to try is using freeloader. This does some video mode trickery.

(I'm running PAL D2C wii with Wasabi.... my brawl is untouched and runs fine... over component cables, it loads in 480i, unless I use freeloader - then 480p)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-