Hacking Problem with base ios using cios installer

BlazeOnDeck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well i used cios installer 38 r14 installer to install ios80 v6943 as a base under slot of cios249 not realizing it had overwritten it i guess, i cant install any wads which gives the problem of replacing the cios or using any of the wads i have now. I was thinking of using any title deleter to delete ios 249 and remove all my hacks via nintendo update so i could do smash hack and start from scratch (after backing up the nand and the sd card of course) but i really would like to know if there is a way to fix this before moving on to anything else. Any suggestions?

EDIT: forgot to mention I'm running twilight hacked wii 3.2u (yup havent updated once)

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
wow man really 3.2u

so i guess you have boot2 also

best thing you can do is download ModMii from the stickies in the top of this forum and tell it you r wii is a virgin and you want a guide and it will print a guide to the screen for you and get you all the updated CIOS and programs and loaders everything

BlazeOnDeck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Disasterous said:
Install
Ios236 use 236 to install other wads problem solved

+1 on this, newer WAD installer versions/mods let you choose the cIOS. Simply install 236 and select when installing WADs

Yes, i was going to use this method initially but i think it better to just use modmii simply for the fact that i can update my wii and keep the hacks. for use of netflix, sd card channel booting, etc. Unless you have another suggestion? I'm open to any.

EDIT: Success! I used Dr. Clipper's Ios236 to get my ios and wads working (worked like a charm)...after that I used MMM and DopMii to get the shop channel up to date and installed ios56 (now I can watch Netflix yay!
biggrin.gif
), without updating my wii. So if all else fails in the future I will use ModMii to update if need be. Wow this was a great learning experience. Thank you everyone for your help! this was the best first topic ever! This is a great way to start the forums.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw