Hacking Problem with AKAIO and DSi

uglyworm12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently switched from R4 to Acekard 2i (with AKAIO), and I am LOVING it. Bookworm, Battle of Giants Mutant Insects, Super Scribblenauts, all these games that wouldn't work on R4 I can finally play. Problem is, it only works with my DS Lite, which I guess is okay, but I really want to play them on the the bigger screen (and when Christmas comes around, REALLY bigger screen). I have my AKAIO version at the latest (1.8.1), but the icon on my DSi is the Acekard logo, not Stormbreaker which it apparently should be. If it matters, the only time I updated my DSi was when I first got it, on Christmas '09.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will update your Acekard to work on the DSi.

"AceKard 2i firmware update v1.4.1 to bypass DSi firmware v1.4.1/.2

Simply extract the correct .nds file (DSL for DS/DSl, DSi for an unupdated DSi) onto the root of your microSD card, then run the file like a game."

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uglyworm12 said:
That... doesn't really answer my question. My problem is that I can't use AKAIO on DSi, and that seems to be official firmware. Are you saying it plain doesn't work?
That is the firmware you need to run it on the DSi.

akAIO is essentialy the operating system NOT the firmware.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uglyworm12 said:
nasune said:
That... doesn't really answer my question. My problem is that I can't use AKAIO on DSi, and that seems to be official firmware. Are you saying it plain doesn't work?
That's not the official firmware you are referring to. This will update the bootloader when executed allowing the Acekard to bypass DSi Firmware 1.4.1 regardless of whether you are running AKAIO or the software from the Official Team.

uglyworm12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay, sorry about that. I thought that updating via the card itself was supposed to fix the problem (it didn't, which is why I turned here for help). Thanks everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs