Problem with AK2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by golden, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

Problem with AK2 by golden at 5:44 AM (1,641 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. golden
    OP

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Hello guys, one of my friends is experiencing odd things with his AK2. He had the older 2.0 version and it was working fine for a month or two and I was expecting it was either going to work perfectly or have the FAT errors like the old ones but something really odd happened, after awhile, it just stopped being detected by the DS and it just said the message like "There is no game card inserted". It would not read no matter what and it just got worse from there. Not only did it not get detected in the DS but my friend's GBA games stopped being detected in addition when the AK2 was in the DS. It was pretty odd but all GBA games would detect fine if the AK2 was taken out. We tried to tape up some pieces of paper on the sticker side of the card to help the contacts join to fix it if that was the problem but it didn't work. This is a really weird defect. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

2. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    email acekard and get a replacement?

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    do retail nds games and/or other flash linkers get detected? you can't be sure its the ak2 and not the nds unless you test that.

-another world

4. golden
    OP

United States
    sorry i forgot to say, everything else besides the AK2 gets detected. IDK, it's very odd. Is there any other thing we could to to make a "homemade fix" or do we need to get a replacement?

5. Another World

Colombia
    it has a 1yr warranty. i would just get it replaced. by the time you spend trying to make it work you would have a new one.

-another world

6. golden
    OP

United States
    well depends on what i can use to get it fixed. It can't be that difficult if anyone knows the problem. the main reason i don't want to send it in is because I want an immediate fix so my friend can use it immediately and not wait through all of spring break waiting for his flashcart to come so we can play. that's why. [​IMG]

7. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Like i said email acekard about the problem and send them pictures and give them full details of the problem and they will likely send one to you without sending your old one back and they also have pretty quick delivery times.

8. golden
    OP

United States
    ok thanks. so all i need to do is email them at acekard@gmail.com and hopefully get a new replacement?

9. NoSmokingBandit

Member NoSmokingBandit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How long does it take AceKard to get back, usually? I bought 2 ak2s from leetmod and both died and were replced by them, but mine died again and leetmod seems to be ignoring me so i mailed AceKard on the 1st and told them the story. I've been without my ak2 for over a month now (freaking leetmod....) and im itching to get my ds back in action.

10. Another World

Colombia
    they have been offline for months. expect a delay before they respond to you.

-another world

11. golden
    OP

United States
    see that makes it even worse. any bright ideas on how to do a makeshift fix for my friend's card?

12. NoSmokingBandit

United States
    I mailed AceKard on the first of april and no reply yet. Are they really that backed up? I miss my DS....

13. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Are you saying that you had 4 AK2's die on you? I suspect you're doing something wrong.

-Bri

14. NoSmokingBandit

United States
    No, at this point i have had 3 die; one of my own and 2 of my sisters. All i do is throw a few nds files on it, play for a while and eventually the "processing.." screen gets stuck. I never mess with the system files, and when i got the errors i replaced all of the system files just in case. Im barely take the cart out of my ds, nor does my sister. I dont think i've been using it any way it wasnt meant to be used. I've certainly not abused it.

15. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Do you use "safely remove hardware" before removing it from your PC? Do you use the Panasonic formatter to format the microSD card?

It's possible that you had 3 bad AK2's in a row, but that just seems unlikely.

-Bri

16. NoSmokingBandit

United States
    I always properly eject my usb drives. I know its the ak2 because if i use a different ak2 with my memory card and my ds it works, so my memory card and ds are fine. If i use someone else's working memory card and ds with my ak2 it doesnt work. I tried everything i could to isolate the problem and im 100% certain its the ak2 itself.