Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

dAVID_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, the Sky3ds team released a new firmware for the Sky3ds+.
I dumped my sister's copy of SuMo, i put the firmware.bin on the root of my 32 gb micro sd.
I start switching games, but, SuMo wasn't there.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
So, the Sky3ds team released a new firmware for the Sky3ds+.
I dumped my sister's copy of SuMo, i put the firmware.bin on the root of my 32 gb micro sd.
I start switching games, but, SuMo wasn't there.

You didn't flash the sky3ds+ firmware

1. Download and extract the zip file on a PC, copy the "firmware.bin" file into the root directory of your microSD card.
2. Insert the microSD card into sky3DS+, connect your PC and sky3DS+ with a USB cable(come with).
3. The LED red light will turn on about 5 seconds, then turn to the green light and keep flashing around 5 seconds, once the light turn off it means the sky3DS+ has been updated successfully.
Alert: Never unplug the USB cable while the green light keep flashing, it might damage your sky3DS+ card!
4. Delete the "firmware.bin" file in your microSD card.

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sell that piece of you know what while you still can dAVID_ and join the A9LH master race.

Seriously though, I think that aside from just everyone posting and telling you to ditch Sky3DS it would be helpful if someone actually offered helpful advice. I've seen you around on the forum so i think you know the benefits of A9LH .. Why you're not using it is beyond me but it is your choice. Getting actual help as far as Sky3DS goes might be difficult though precisely because A9LH is so good that not many people use Sky3DS anymore.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sell that piece of you know what while you still can dAVID_ and join the A9LH master race.

Seriously though, I think that aside from just everyone posting and telling you to ditch Sky3DS it would be helpful if someone actually offered helpful advice. I've seen you around on the forum so i think you know the benefits of A9LH .. Why you're not using it is beyond me but it is your choice. Getting actual help as far as Sky3DS goes might be difficult though precisely because A9LH is so good that not many people use Sky3DS anymore.
Cute... but that's not the question here.
As far as you know he might already have A9LH. I have A9LH and I still use my SKY3DS+, mainly for testing purpose because it's a lot faster to dl a game and copy it to the card than wait for freeshop/eshop to install it.

Back to the topic, as Gray_Jack said I think you forgot to actually flash the firmware.

Last edited by Redferne,

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been k9lhed before the guide even existed and I still use my sky3ds+.to this day. It's basically a sexy LED GW card without the proprietary gwfw. It's not the best but the extra 32gb really goes a long way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFe0CCeTDd8