Problem with 480p and Netflix

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SuperrSonic, Jun 3, 2014.

1. SuperrSonic
    OP

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    Puerto Rico
    OK, I've had this problem for a long time and imagined it would eventually fix itself and since I prefer the interlace look I did not care but nevermind that; now I want to know why it doesn't work right.

This is a bit hard to explain, there seems to be a lot of color interference. The boot up screen with the big red Netflix logo has random gray-ish lines going up really fast, so it seems to react on color. Another thing is if you put the pointer in a certain screen area a thin orange horizontal transparent line gets smeared across the screen. Main issue is that watching is irritating as the colors on the screen are constantly changing shades.

I am using cheap third party component cables, yeah, you'd think there's the issue but why only the video services? That makes no sense; to me at least. Don't think it needs to be said but 480p works on everything except the video apps and YouTube/WiiMC work. I did search for this issue but nothing relevant came up, possibly because I didn't explain it clearly.

To be as clear as possible:
    -This only happens in 480p in Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Hulu Plus (the issues are all exactly the same)
    -This does not happen in 480i, or any other software official/homebrew that I've encountered using 480i/p

EDIT: Thanks for nothing guys, the problem comes from my TV, it can't display correctly when the Wii is set to 480p in a software that stretches the display by 76, 78 and 80 pixels. To put it simply any software that uses this setting causes this problem. WiiMC in 16:9 mode has it for example but doesn't in 4:3 mode so I missed it for some time until it occurred to me to try it in widescreen.

There is no fix, other than recompile the software with a lower amount of stretching but surprise I can't do that with Netflix. Nothing short of looking for every 0x2D0 value and edit it to something normal like 0x2C0

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice