Hacking problem with 4.0 guide

clownz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was originally using the softmii package, preloader v29 under ios 30 with all hacks enabled, disc channel worked great for backups.

I decided to follow the guide and upgrade. step by step. To re-enable the disc channel features I installed the cioscorp again and cios60bf.wad and I never got the msg system files are corrupt so I thought ok, the guide said it should have said it but it didnt.

I rebooted to preloader v29 after having installed it again. In preloader the only option I have is skip disc updating. None of the other options are there like the region free, etc.

So I ftp'd the hacks.ini and overwritten the old one, rebooted, still only the one option.

Preloader says something v417 and ios 60.

I tried startpatch and it says something about patch section not being found, and when homebrew channel tried to update it said something about non vulnerable ios.

any advice? ideas? I really liked the disc channel loading feature. It appears I am able to go through wiigator backup launcher to run the games but I miss the disc channel.

clownz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i used the wiibrew.org for the proper hacks.ini file and all the choices are showing up now. but when i select enable region free wii the games still dont load from the disc channel.

has anyone gotten it to work from the disc channel on a 4.0 u v 417 wii with preloader v29?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing