Hacking Problem using USB with cIOS Wii DVD Dumper

djb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, this is what's going on...

I bought myself an external 120gb 2.5" SATA HDD for use with my Wii. It is capable of being formatted to WBFS and using USB Loader. I also have a 4gb Cosair Flash Voyager USB Stick which can also do the same.

Since day one I've been using WiiHTTP Dumper (and later on FTPii) to back up my original games on my PC, but since I have this 120gb HDD I'd love to partition it and be able to use the cIOS DVD Dumper to rip them directly to my USB HDD.

The problem is I cant seem to manage to get the DVD Dumper to work with either devices (120gb HDD and 4gb USB Stick).

I have got DVD Dumper to work via WiFi ofcourse (which has been the way I've done it all the time), however after DVD Dumper recognises the disc and proceeds to try and mount the USB Device, it will fail. It will come up with an error saying it cant be mounted and an ISO cant be created. I'm setting the split size as 1024mb if anyone needs to know.

I've tried formatting with both FAT32 and FAT16, however both fail on me.

What I would love to be able to achieve is to have 2 partitions on my 120gb HDD so I can have the WBFS for the USB Loader and the Wii, plus another partition that can be read by the PC with proper rips of the discs (since I noticed when WBFS stores the ISO it alters it which I'm guessing would prevent it being backed up to a disc again).

Thanks in advance for any help...

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just rip the disc using the USB loader straight to the WBFS partition then use your PC to extract the ISO from the WBFS partition and move it to the other NTFS partition on the drive??

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Just ripped Ghost Squad from original using USB loader. Transfered over to PC using WBFS manager 2.1. Checked with Wiiscrubber and the update partition is indeed missing. Burned the image file to disk at 16X and it works flawlessly.

So what is the reason for wanting the update partition??

djb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because I'm pretty sure if you dont have Starfall / Preloader installed it will fail, since these apps remove the Disc Update check.

If there is a way to re-create a WBFS extracted ISO with a new Update partition I'd be interested to learn that instead, otherwise I'll need to be able to rip the proper ISO (not the WBFS ISO).

djb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*BUMP*

A solution would be nice, either a way to be able to dump the games using cIOS DVD Dumper, or to re-create the ISOs made by WBFS (re-creating the ISO with a brickblocked Update partition).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?