Problem Updating my PSP

Gantonio865

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so, i bought this PSP 1000 which seems to be stuck on version 3.11 and it gives the error code DRNFFFFFFD7 when i try to update, any idea how to fix this?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure then. I assumed it was some sort of issue with a cfw. that button would've changed it to ofw, but I don't know how old that is.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly this is an error that occurs when an improper downgrade happens and keys are invalid.

Download this (IDStorage Manager) and make a full dump of your keys before doing anything. Messing with keys can and will brick the system.
https://www.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=11624

If you can't run it because you're on OFW, a signed version might work. Not sure how far back it'll allow you to go though.

Gantonio865

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Supposedly this is an error that occurs when an improper downgrade happens and keys are invalid.

Download this (IDStorage Manager) and make a full dump of your keys before doing anything. Messing with keys can and will brick the system.
https://www.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=11624

If you can't run it because you're on OFW, a signed version might work. Not sure how far back it'll allow you to go though.
thx for the help, but it couldn't run because i'm on a OFW

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for the help, but it couldn't run because i'm on a OFW
Try this version. I signed it, so it should run even on OFW.

If you can get into it, first thing to do is follow the in-app instructions and DUMP THE KEYS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE. Then read the readme.txt file in the archive. Or read it before. Doesn't matter, you'll need to read it anyway.

EDIT: Signed version doesn't work. I'm guessing probably due to kernel access?

This is a theory, but you might be able to fix this by downgrading (again) to 1.50 OFW, then fixing the keys, then upgrading to 6.61 OFW or whatever firmware.

EDIT EDIT: A signed version of Lumines to run the downgrader could potentially work?

Last edited by master801,

Gantonio865

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so, looks like the solution to problem wont be solved unless i maybe try to find a retail copy of lumines or buy another system. guess this thread is done for now

reha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
so, looks like the solution to problem wont be solved unless i maybe try to find a retail copy of lumines or buy another system. guess this thread is done for now
Well pretty much you're stuck in 3.11... If you have access to another hacked PSP that can make Pandora Batteries & Magic Memory Stick (all 1k models and a 2k with a TA-085v2 mobo), use that to softmod your battery temporarily to boot into the Magic Memory Stick, install higher OFW like 5.00 from there then from 5.00 update to 6.61. Or make a Baryon Sweeper by buying some required parts then do the similar process from there.

If those are not an option for you then unfortunately you need the Lumines game to trigger an exploit then launch the KeyCleaner homebrew from the hombrew launcher to fix the update issue.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse