Hacking Problem Updating Acekard2i Firmware on DSlite

w00th00t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an acekard2i today and I've been trying to update the firmware so I can use it on my 3DS. I still have my DSlite, so I've been trying to do the latest firmware update on it. The problem is, I'm told to eject, then reinsert my card before continuing and everytime I reinsert the card, my DS resets itself. The card is passed the Anti-Counterfeit code test, so it's legit. I've tried to look for an answer and the closest thing I saw was someone saying the 3DS version of the firmware update can be used on a DSlite without risk of bricking the Acekard, but I'm still wary about doing that. Can someone help me out?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've used the two card update method with my ds lite a few hundred times. the problem you are having is related to your ds lite.

the update files can be administered in 2 ways. one is to run the file on the card itself, without ejecting the card. this method is used for systems that do not have firmware updates (ds phat/ds lite) and for systems with firmware lower than the intended update (so installing 1.4.3 update on a system running 1.4.1). the update files includes what you will need to get the ak2i working on both the dsi and the 3ds. running the file to update and updating is what the file is for, it will not brick the acekard.

follow these instructions: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader#Updating_a_single_cart

when you checked the anti-counterfeit code it said that was the 1st time your number was checked? passing the check doesn't mean its real, if its been checked more than once then its probably fake. i say more than once because some sites will check the code 1 time before shipping it out.

-another world

w00th00t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find a download for "ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSi_NO44.nds" though my card says it's on 81 and not 44, but I'm starting to think I must have gotten a fake. It just probably hadn't been checked beforehand. Sigh...

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find a download for "ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSi_NO44.nds" though my card says it's on 81 and not 44, but I'm starting to think I must have gotten a fake. It just probably hadn't been checked beforehand. Sigh...
It's definitely not fake. You can get the latest updater here. Make sure that the updater you use corresponds with the system you are using to update (read the readme for more details).

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
The Anti-Counterfeit system on acekard . com isn't exactly foolproof is it? Mine's genuine (well, I freakin' hope that IT IS GENUINE) but the code on my card has been checked 55 times, I'm not sure how it has been checked over 50 times but every thing on my Acekard 2i works fine and I'm able to update and run AKAIO 1.8.9 and basically every thing works. :\ I also thought we can tell if it's fake or not by the HWID? If yours HWID is 81 then it's genuine... Unless I'm missing something here?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Mine's genuine (well, I freakin' hope that IT IS GENUINE) but the code on my card has been checked 55 times,

i'm sorry to tell you but your card is 100% a known 1:1 fake. these fakes are using the same design as the ak2i but supposedly run off with cheaper parts. i dug for awhile, using some of my contacts, and i uncovered the name of the husband and wife team who are making these fakes. acekard is aware of the fakes and who is behind it and they really can't do anything about it.

the AP code system generates a unique number per card and there are enough numbers to last for a very long time. instead of trying to figure out how acekard is generating numbers and which numbers are in their database, it is much easier for the cloners to user a preexisting code. the result of which are cards with codes that have been checked 2 or more times. the site that sold you your card is probably ordering from a wholesaler and not directly from acekard, meaning they were probably not in china. wholesalers buy whatever is the cheapest and more often than not that means fake/clone flash kits. acekard has not sold directly to resellers outside of china for more than a year, sadly, wholesalers are the only alternative for some flash kit resellers.

the good thing about the recent ak2i fake is that it is a 1:1 copy. it should perform exactly the same as the real acekard.

if the site that sold you your card did not tell you that they were selling clones you should be entitled to a refund or at the very least they should swap you for a real ak2i. most sites will ignore such a request, but its worth a try if it bothers you.

-another world

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try the dslite update again but this time remove the microsd before reinserting the acekard then use something to put the micro back in.

THANK YOU! That totally worked!
No Problem
Explanation: Some high-speed micros need alot of power so the ds might restart. putting in the acekard without the sd then putting in the sd gives the card enough power to work without restarting (someone please give a better explanation :P)

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Tanks for your answer, i wasnt sure if 1.43 was the last available update. Now i can enter the dsi shop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all