Problem syncing Chinatown to Social Club

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Barsoom, Apr 7, 2009.

Apr 7, 2009
  1. Barsoom
    OP

Newcomer Barsoom Member

United States
    I'm on Sakura 1.35 and have been playing GTA. Awesome game btw. Whenever I try to sync with the wifi it sits there indefinitely. Same thing when I go to the wifi setup menu. I'm using a Linksys router with WEP and MACID filtering and I've gone online with my DS before with this setup, and just to double check I tried another game and it was fine. Then I went back to Chinatown and same thing, it sits there indefinitely. Just in case, I disabled the WEP and MACID to test, and same result. Is there any way around this? There are a couple of bonus missions which require a sync to unlock.

2. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You probably have the patched version of the game. Use the piracy bypass cheat on the clean version and it will work fine. Just update your cheat.db to the latest one to have access to the cheat.

3. Barsoom
    OP

Newcomer Barsoom Member

United States
    Thanks. Yes I think you're right. The version labeled [FIX] which is slightly less than 128MB works. The earlier version which is 128MB does not. Can you help me with that cheat please? I'm not familiar with using cheats but I see a cheat.db in the SYSTEM folder from the Sakura 1.35 release and there are a ton of cheats for cars in the garage, time of day, etc., and the only one that sounds like the cheat you describe is "Bypass Save Check", which I selected and the game still didn't work. Then I downloaded the latest cheats.db from this site (26-03-09 Cheats Beta) and there are fewer cheat options and again nothing like the one you describe. Can you point me to the right cheats.db please?

4. issy12

Member issy12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    hey!! does that mean that us r4 users will not be able to connect to wifi ever again? [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Why would it mean that? Use YSMenu and the occasional bypass code and you can play 'clean' ROMs just like users of any other flash cart.

6. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    No, it means that People who can't be bothered to edit out cheats they don't need, can't access the other way.
    Just get a decent flashcard