Hacking Problem playing backup!

OGTiago

OP
Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
I just recently hacked my Wii (3.4). Used that cIOS222 v4 installer, and cIOSX rev17 installer (you guys like to know that). Followed some guides as indicated.

When playing Mario Galaxy, it freezes in the same spot.

-

I tried USB Loader GX version 1.0, and uLoader version 5.0. Both freeze in the exact same place. Is this likely to be a game problem? The game is playing off a 8GB USB, I used WBFS 3.0, I formatted to WBFS fine, transferred the game fine, it got scrubbed by WBFS to 3.7GB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You have 3 problems:
- You are using cIOS222 rev4, not rev5
- You are playing off a flash drive (they are known to be bad with Wiis)
- You are using WBFS

To remedy:

Install the lastest cIOS versions and format your flash drive to FAT32 if you can't use another device.
Also try using SuperDump (v1.2 is best) to get an ISO (hopefully a good dump) and transfer it to your flash drive that way.
Also, GX sucks. Use Configurable. At first, GX seems like heaven, then it locks you out, then it corrupts your SD Card, then it stops working.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OGTiago said:
I just recently hacked my Wii (3.4). Used that cIOS222 v4 installer, and cIOSX rev17 installer (you guys like to know that). Followed some guides as indicated.

When playing Mario Galaxy, it freezes in the same spot.

-

I tried USB Loader GX version 1.0, and uLoader version 5.0. Both freeze in the exact same place. Is this likely to be a game problem? The game is playing off a 8GB USB, I used WBFS 3.0, I formatted to WBFS fine, transferred the game fine, it got scrubbed by WBFS to 3.7GB.

Any help would be appreciated.

it is likely to be a game problem, i used a 8GB usb pen myself in the past in WBFS as well and in GX as well,

and i can tell you that it worked perfect in evry game that i tested,

so dump and test another game to test

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Likely a bad ISO.

People shouldn't be blaming the loaders. Although I've had problems with GX it has usually come down to: Version of GX, version of cIOS or harware.

You should be able to rip the original to the HDD and play a clean ISO.

mopete27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
Likely a bad ISO.

People shouldn't be blaming the loaders. Although I've had problems with GX it has usually come down to: Version of GX, version of cIOS or harware.

You should be able to rip the original to the HDD and play a clean ISO.

yes, i agree. i would say tweak the settings first and go from there. or at least that was my issue at first
wink.gif

piola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Tiago, my galaxy is a pal version. It works very well with configurable usb loader and hermes cios 222 rev 5.

Try another iso.

Portuguese Translate:

Oi tiago, provavelmente tens um ficheiro iso com defeito, tenta arranjar outro do mesmo jogo (de uma fonte viavel) e tenta novamente. Usa o hermes cios 222 v5 e o configurable usb loader para jogares o jogo.

Cumprimentos

OGTiago

OP
Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
That's fine, I speak "perfect" English
wink.gif

Also, Configurable USB Loader froze in the same place, my Wii should run it fine.

Lol, I was gonna install 222 Rev5, but I don't have my Wii connected to the internet yet (and I was too lazy to get get the files and do it on offline mode). That being said my other two games, New Super Mario Bros, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom work perfectly. So I won't complain much unless I keep getting consistent problems.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OGTiago said:
Lol, I was gonna install 222 Rev5, but I don't have my Wii connected to the internet yet (and I was too lazy to get get the files and do it on offline mode).
NUS Auto Downloader (link in my signature) can set up your SD card with all the files saved to the right places for offline cIOS installation with the click of a couple buttons

OGTiago

OP
Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
Sorry.

Yes, I downloaded the files for 000000100000026v3867.

I ran the installer for "Custom IOS 222 v65535 (Default)". It said I had to use IOS 38 to install. It was all successful.

Before when I selected the IOS with Trucha bug (222) it said current IOS was 222 v4, now it says current IOS is 222 v65535.

So I assume it's all good.

Anyway, NSMB Wii and TvC still run fine, Mario Galaxy still crashes at the same spot. It just doesn't like my Wii, lol.

OGTiago

OP
Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
That's what I'm thinking, because it's always in the same exact spot. Then I can still access the menu (Wii doesn't crash, the game just doesn't play), then when I quit to the Wii menu it just stays blank and I have to turn off my Wii using the power button on the Wii.

Anyway, thanks for all the help people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a