cyanide64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
to those who are trying to put the iso (the one created through extractpartition) through backup-creator or truncha prog or what not, it will not work. The conveted iso is no longer a "standard" wii disc, it is patched/decrypted and is ready to be burned. if you want to use scrubber or truncha on it, take apart the ORIGINAL iso.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem with patching, but on the backup loader, are the notes in synch, I read that Rock Band had that issue on the Backup loader,

Thanks

sum182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so....i patched and burned....but now the loader cant identify it.....the world h8s me

edit: I don't have cios_fix, so i'll install that and give this another shot

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
cyanide64 said:
to those who are trying to put the iso (the one created through extractpartition) through backup-creator or truncha prog or what not, it will not work. The conveted iso is no longer a "standard" wii disc, it is patched/decrypted and is ready to be burned. if you want to use scrubber or truncha on it, take apart the ORIGINAL iso.

So what exactly does Extract Partition patch/alter then? Reading the original thread of the Generic Partition Extractor he states that each partition can be loaded into Trucha after extraction, so i thought that was the main purpose. I need to use Trucha to get to the main.dol and remove the 001 error, so if i cant get to that then ill have to wait for another release that i can, i guess...
frown.gif
(

rhijaen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Place all files from extractpartition and your iso in the same folder.
2. Open a command prompt.
3. CD to your folder with the iso and extractpartition.
4. Type extractpartition .iso -converted.iso

(Where isoname is the name of your iso.) Should work perfectly.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure about what you all are on about... but this is what I'm doing and it seems to be working:

1. Download extract partition
-----> Windows http://www.sendspace.com/file/tfxgr4
-----> MacOS http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0IRAWB5X
-----> Linux http://rapidshare.com/files/148939008/extractpartition.html
2. Extract extractpartition to a folder
3. Copy common-key to that folder
4. Download msvcr71.dll (Not sure if this is necessary)
-----> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/msvcr71.zip?0VEgUHdDlV
5. Copy msvcr71.dll to epartition folder
6. Copy rdt-ghwtw.iso into epartition folder
7. Drag rdt-ghwtw.iso onto extractpartition.exe (or onto extractpartition.bat - whichever works)
8. Sit back and relax
9. Burn rdt-ghwtw-converted.iso
10. Win!

QUOTE said:
|------------------------------\
O======| Extract Partition by WiiGator >
|------------------------------/

Title id: SXAE
Group id: 52
Name: Guitar Hero: World Tour

2 partitions:
partition #0 @ 000050000 type 1
partition #1 @ 00f800000 type 0

Doing partition 0...
--------------------------------

Doing partition 1...
title id = 0001000053584145 EAXS
tmd size = 00000208
tmd offset = 0000002c0
cert size = 00000a00
cert offset = 0000004e0
data offset = 000020000
data size = 107ba0000
>>>>>> checking sig by Root-CA00000001-XS00000003...
>>>>>> checking sig by Root-CA00000001...
>>>>>> checking sig by Root...
>>>>>> checking sig by Root-CA00000001-CP00000004...
Decrypting partition...
4286201856/4286328832 100.00%

Extraction completed
File saved as -converted.iso

Press any key to continue . . .
Thanks, of course, to netsliderx for figuring out this process in the first place. I just used his instructions, but detailed out the process in a more specific manner. Hopefully this guide will be easy enough to follow!

teforeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
cyanide64 said:

So what exactly does Extract Partition patch/alter then? Reading the original thread of the Generic Partition Extractor he states that each partition can be loaded into Trucha after extraction, so i thought that was the main purpose. I need to use Trucha to get to the main.dol and remove the 001 error, so if i cant get to that then ill have to wait for another release that i can, i guess...
frown.gif
(

same problem here.. I have to get 001 detection off and netheir trucha or scrubber works =(

plz some help

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let everyone know, my GH3 guitar works fine, but my rock band instruments don't seem to be working.
frown.gif

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
teforeon said:
crezwell said:
cyanide64 said:

frown.gif
(

same problem here.. I have to get 001 detection off and netheir trucha or scrubber works =(

plz some help

I decided to burn a copy of the Rebuilt iso and just tried it in hope. Got the 001 error thru the disc channel as expected, then ran it thru Gecko OS with Pal60 Forced and works like a charm. Up until now i had no idea that Gecko OS bypasses the 001 error aswell, i thought it just allowed Trucha Signed games to run.

teforeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
teforeon said:
crezwell said:
cyanide64 said:

frown.gif
(

plz some help

I decided to burn a copy of the Rebuilt iso and just tried it in hope. Got the 001 error thru the disc channel as expected, then ran it thru Gecko OS with Pal60 Forced and works like a charm. Up until now i had no idea that Gecko OS bypasses the 001 error aswell, i thought it just allowed Trucha Signed games to run.

Yeah, I did burn the original iso (not patched) and it show 001 in disc channel and plays like a charm in backup loader.

^^ \o/

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shadowgauge said:
hey guys im having problems trying to patch GH:world tour wan's back up creator does not load the iso
it says it cant find iso also if i burn the othe gh:games on dual layer will it play better?

rock band instruments dont work with guitar hero games.

plus i just tried a backup of rockband with my drums guitar etc and it seems that usb hardware isnt working with it yet.

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
shadowgauge said:
hey guys im having problems trying to patch GH:world tour wan's back up creator does not load the iso
it says it cant find iso also if i burn the othe gh:games on dual layer will it play better?

rock band instruments dont work with guitar hero games.

plus i just tried a backup of rockband with my drums guitar etc and it seems that usb hardware isnt working with it yet.

On both 360 and ps3 the rock band instruments work with world tour. It's either a wii-only issue or the backup loader isn't working with usb peripherals yet.

EDIT: Apparently it is a backup loader issue, because the usb instruments don't work with rock band through the backup loader as seen in the compatibility thread.

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the guide at the top of the page, but the extract partition says my common-key is not in the correct location. I have it in the same folder as all the other tools. Please help!

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Same thing happened to me. Instead of dragging the iso onto the extrapartition.bat right-click on it and click "open with," then "browse," and then choose extrapartition.bat. That should work.

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I copied the common key from the backup creator into the extracpartition folder. no need to downlaod any DLL (on Vista here) - then threw the iso into the extractpartition BAT and burned the resulting iso, it's worked like a charm for me.

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Great post! I followed this and the game works perfect even with the Nyko Frontman Guitar

loesjoel said:
I'm not really sure about what you all are on about... but this is what I'm doing and it seems to be working:

1. Download extract partition
-----> Windows http://www.sendspace.com/file/tfxgr4
-----> MacOS http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0IRAWB5X
-----> Linux http://rapidshare.com/files/148939008/extractpartition.html
2. Extract extractpartition to a folder
3. Copy common-key to that folder
4. Download msvcr71.dll (Not sure if this is necessary)
-----> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/msvcr71.zip?0VEgUHdDlV
5. Copy msvcr71.dll to epartition folder
6. Copy rdt-ghwtw.iso into epartition folder
7. Drag rdt-ghwtw.iso onto extractpartition.exe (or onto extractpartition.bat - whichever works)
8. Sit back and relax
9. Burn rdt-ghwtw-converted.iso
10. Win!

QUOTE said:
|------------------------------\
O======| Extract Partition by WiiGator >
|------------------------------/

Title id: SXAE
Group id: 52
Name: Guitar Hero: World Tour

2 partitions:
partition #0 @ 000050000 type 1
partition #1 @ 00f800000 type 0

Doing partition 0...

Doing partition 1...
title id = 0001000053584145 EAXS
tmd size = 00000208
tmd offset = 0000002c0
cert size = 00000a00
cert offset = 0000004e0
data offset = 000020000
data size = 107ba0000
>>>>>> checking sig by Root-CA00000001-XS00000003...
>>>>>> checking sig by Root-CA00000001-CP00000004...
Decrypting partition...
4286201856/4286328832 100.00%

Extraction completed
File saved as -converted.iso

Press any key to continue . . .
Thanks, of course, to netsliderx for figuring out this process in the first place. I just used his instructions, but detailed out the process in a more specific manner. Hopefully this guide will be easy enough to follow!

sum182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My usb mic that i bought from the store is working with world tour fine with gators backuplancher so i don't think its a usb prob

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I can also confirm that I got it working (used command prompt to run however) and picked up a Nyko frontman. Loading times are actually only a few seconds longer than GH2 on ps2 (just played the other day so I can pretty accurately compare) and the Nyko works great. GHWT on my wii for 27 bucks and some change!!!!

grog.gif
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz