Hacking Problem getting Action Replay code to work on Acekard 2i

homer77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am having problem getting Action Replay code to work on my Acekard 2i. More specifically, the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor code I found on the internet doesn't work.

I have already tried several steps and was able to get the code show up on the menu screen. However, in the game, none of the codes seems to work.

Here are the steps I tried so far.

1. Create a .cc file in the game folder and named it the same as the game itself. Code showed up enabled in the menu, however, doesn't work in the code.
2. Modified the existing .xml file under _ak2/cheats folder, Codes showed up enabled in menu, does not work in game.
3. Download the latest cheat database, however, no code showing up.

I also went into the patch and profile for the game and system and made sure cheat is enabled. This doesn't seem to work either.

Any idea what I might have been doing wrong?

Thanks

adjcn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have problem i Enable cheat options and my roms not start freeze in boot screen.
I use AKAIO 1.5

HELP ME PLS!!!

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's the solution everyone who had the problem after booting the game; When booting the game via AKAIO, press and hold the X button or the A button to make it work. Hope this helps...

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i will assumed you modified your own cheat database and it didn't work for you

download the cheat database from cheats.gbatemp.net
prefer usrcheat.dat

place the usrcheat.dat into your _ak2/cheats folder

start up your DS
choose the game
go to cheat menu
make sure you SELECT the DB and REBUILT for the codes to refresh
try activate it and run the game

i hope this help
tongue.gif

if you still getting white screen freezes
try reformat your... SD CARD and replace it with another copy of akaio 1.5

WeakNiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a Cheat Problem with AKAIO 1.5.
I know its AKAIO 1.5. problem because when I switch to an older version of AKAIO the cheat worked.
I tried the hold X or A method when loading the game, but it does not work. Am I doing it wrong? Like holding it at the wrong time? (I hold X or A when I see the words "LOADING" and stop when it disappears)

WeakNiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I even tried using another Acekard (I have 2 AceKard2i, for backup reasons) update it so that it can be used on a DSi 1.4x firmware and then put in AKAIO 1.5 firmware with it. Next I tested several games with action replay codes (Cheat.dat and usercheat.dat) just incase. I activated it and when I'm in the game, the game acts like no cheat codes is on.

It's definetly the lastest Akaio firmware problem.
Anyone got a work around?

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nobody cares.

Unless you're willing to sanitize whatever the hell you're doing and prove me wrong, your problem doesn't exist.

1.5 is working fine.

Period.

WeakNiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm just asking a question and see if anyone can offer an advice, if you don't care, you could just ignore me. It's not as if you never had any problems and never needed help.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
make sure that you aren't pasting 1.5 over 1.4.1 that can cause problems and has caused problems for a lot of people make sure you completely delete 1.4.1 then paste 1.5 and if that still doesn't work then as elixer stated its best to reformat your microsd and then paste 1.5...also check to make sure that cheats are enabled in the system options on 1.5 as they are turned off when you first put 1.5 on.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WeakNiZ said:
Hey, I'm just asking a question and see if anyone can offer an advice, if you don't care, you could just ignore me. It's not as if you never had any problems and never needed help.

You're not asking.

You're claiming something it's not working and, even worse, you can't prove it.

I'm not here to fight an e-battle with you. But I just hate when people do this shit.

These things get asked a lot. 80% of the time is user error.

Read the wiki. Use different ROM sources and cheat files. Reformat using different cluster sizes. Re-download the firmware. Try using a clean install or different DMA modes.

After you do all that (and prolly more), you post EXACTLY what it is you're doing and how did you debug your problem.

Bottomline is pretty much what I said before: if others cant reproduce it, it does not exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer